Windows 10: I can't open any of my folders

Discus and support I can't open any of my folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't open any of my folders!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-of-my-folders/4a3f16f4-bae6-4dd3-a221-2d082d037e09 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph Schillaci, Oct 7, 2020.

1. I can't open any of my folders

I can't open any of my folders!!

:)

Joseph Schillaci, Oct 7, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Oct 7, 2020
  4. I can't open any of my folders

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

I can't open any of my folders

1. I can't open any of my folders - Similar Threads - can't open folders

2. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  3. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  4. I can't open any files on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open any files on my computer.: I clicked the file explorer, sniping tool, My PC countless times and nothing opens. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-files-on-my-computer/52e9b7a9-8e81-4898-8417-32f6031918bc
  5. I can't open any of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open any of my files: I pulled up one of my folders on my desktop and tried opening one of my files and it brings up a code saying the file can't be found. I have tried restarting my computer. I tried clicking on a different file to see if it was just that one or more. All of my files microsoft...
  6. I can't open any Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any Settings: I installed an update today through the settings. After the required restart, I tried opening the settings app as I normally do to check on all my devices' settings. But it would open and immediately close without warning or error code. I tried opening it through the Command...
  7. I Can't open any folder on my pc

I Can't open any folder on my pc: i cant open any folder and i cant connect to internet i cant open cd or usb and also cant restor please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-folder-on-my-pc/d93bf450-8302-43f8-9f99-bf81a4bb07da
  8. I can't open any files on my computer.

I can't open any files on my computer.: Hi all, Turned on my computer this morning and suddenly I can't open any files. It doesn't matter if the files are in my downloads folder, on my desktop, or any other location. It also doesn't depend on the file format. I can't open anything. I've tried restarting but that...
  9. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.: When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. I just get the default icon. How can I see the photo without opening it? The file extensions are almost all .jpg I am using windows 10...
  10. Please Help.. I Suddenly can't Open Any Folders, or This PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help.. I Suddenly can't Open Any Folders, or This PC.: Hello Everyone, I've searched the forum, but haven't been able to find a solution that works. In a nutshell, I can't open "This PC" or any other folder that is on my desktop. File Explorer won't function either. Whether I double-click, or do a right-click and choose "Run",...