Windows 10: I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

Discus and support I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NEWKICKER223, Apr 19, 2024.

1. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my computer and the watermark is gone but I can't open anything the only thing that will open us the search bar and I can't look nothing up or go in to desktops so if their is anyone I need a response

:)

NEWKICKER223, Apr 19, 2024

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @Echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Activate Windows watermark

I keep getting the Activate Windows watermark. I have done the suggested things such as editing the regedit, creating the removal.bat file, but the watermark keeps returning.

My windows is legit, and I have had it for 3 years now. Can someone please help me?

sharonHulll, Apr 19, 2024
  4. bro67 Win User

I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

Windows 10 Activation watermark causes mouse input lag

It is more than the watermark. Windows 10 has underlying features that take effect when you have gone over the eval period that MS allows with an install that is not activated. Suggest activating either with a previous Windows 8.x license or purchasing a license.

bro67, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

1. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark - Similar Threads - can't open anything

2. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark: So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my...
  3. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  4. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  5. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Activate Windows Watermark

Activate Windows Watermark: I am posting this as a last resort. I've done everything from editing the registry to running this fancy .bat file, calling MS tech and I keep getting these extremely annoying watermark. This started happening when I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. I have also have other...
  7. Wifi drops out and I can't open anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi drops out and I can't open anything: I've recently run into this really bizarre issue where every couple of days, my computer seems to disconnect from the internet (even though it still shows it's connected), and I'm not able to run any programs or shutdown/restart. It just sort of becomes paralyzed, and I'm...
  8. Activate Windows watermark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Windows watermark: I keep getting the Activate Windows watermark. I have done the suggested things such as editing the regedit, creating the removal.bat file, but the watermark keeps returning. My windows is legit, and I have had it for 3 years now. Can someone please help me?...
  9. Activate Windows watermark after update

Activate Windows watermark after update: Did a Windows 10 Home update yesterday. Now have Activate Windows watermark. It came pre-installed with the PC and was upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914) Looked online, tried a couple of things nothing worked, then the watermark disappeared but...
  10. Activate windows watermark after update

Activate windows watermark after update: Hi everyone! So I have a genuine copy of windows (originally 7) upgraded to 10. Today I had an update (my windows is set to update regularly) and out of nowhere, I got an "activate windows" watermark. I tried to re-activate using my number but it says it "didn't work". any...