Windows 10: I cant open anything from the start menu

Discus and support I cant open anything from the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I dont know what exactly I did but I cant open anything from the start menu. Control Panel gives me a weird error saying no mapping between account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndyGosman, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I cant open anything from the start menu

I dont know what exactly I did but I cant open anything from the start menu. Control Panel gives me a weird error saying no mapping between account names and security ids was done. half of the "fixes" i found told me to open settings but i cant open those either. others said to go into command prompt and power shell and type certain commands but none of those commands worked at all. im at a loss. ive only had this computer for 1 day so i dont know how i managed to mess it up so much. please help

:)

AndyGosman, Mar 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 20, 2021
  4. I cant open anything from the start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

I cant open anything from the start menu

1. I cant open anything from the start menu - Similar Threads - cant open anything

2. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  3. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  4. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant type in start menu: I have strange issue where I cant type on the start menu. I can type in the search icon beside the start menu but when I open the start menu itself and start typing nothing happens. How is this possible?...
  5. Cant open anything

Cant open anything: So i installed the last windows update and now i cant open anything. I mean i cant open the start menu, i cant refresh and one more thing the nvidia graphics are not running. I can open apps but i cant open that menu and other things, for example the command windows key+ r is...
  6. Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rageanoid2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxb5oe/cant_open_apps_from_windows_search_bar_and_cant/
  7. start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list

start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list: Setup: windows 10 64bit 2004 update. I have an odd problem, already searched the web with no results. On normal/intended operation when you open a file or anything from the jump list said item is opened and the application comes into focus and start menu closes. but on my...
  8. Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Longshoez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htnbcq/now_its_totally_useless_the_start_menu_i_cant/
  9. i cant open the start and i cant open settings

i cant open the start and i cant open settings: i dont know what here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-start-and-i-cant-open-settings/720c6ef2-fb65-4368-b948-c1b32c487673
  10. Administrator of domain cant open device manager from start menu

Administrator of domain cant open device manager from start menu: Hello, On any of the computers on my domain, the administrator account cannot open device manager from searching it in start menu. I can open it from the control panel and I can open it from 'Run'. I can also open the device manager from the start menu if I am on a...