Windows 10: I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet.

Discus and support I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was doing great, then my laptop had to be reset. That was about... three months ago. Now, I have downloaded multiple apps back from the internet, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Graddon, Jun 11, 2019.

1. I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet.

I was doing great, then my laptop had to be reset. That was about... three months ago. Now, I have downloaded multiple apps back from the internet, and the only apps that were able to open are as follows:

1. Discord (However not all functions are working)
    2. Grammarly
    3. Google Earth Pro (With many failed attempts)
    4. Minecraft Launcher (However the actual game it is supposed to launch can't do so)
    5. Google Chrome
    6. Steam (Trying to download some games but they fail to launch as well)

That is all. The apps that won't launch include:

1. Minecraft (1.14.2 highest right now, but all versions are broken for me)
    2. Paladins
    3. Some other games

I'm most annoyed with Minecraft, as my friends have been trying to play with me for a long time but I can't even launch the game.

I honestly have no clue why my apps won't launch. I have all of the requirements for them, and I ran them smoothly before I reset my computer.

Apps from the Microsoft store still work, so that includes apps like:

1. Netflix
    2. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
    3. iTunes
    4. Spotify

If anyone can help that would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

:)

Jack Graddon, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 11, 2019
  3. After downloading apps-download disappear (It did not show up the setup apps).

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which browser are you using to download the apps?

2. Did you see the download progress is completed successfully?

3. Where exactly(location) you are looking for the downloaded app?

4. Is this issue specific with Java and Flash Player?

5. Did you try downloading some other app and check if the same issue occurs?

I suggest you to download all the windows updates and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Also, I suggest you to set the download location for Internet Explorer and download apps using Explorer and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Access the settings menu by clicking on the settings icon
      (it is a round gear shape near the top right of the Internet Explorer browser).
    • Choose "View downloads" from the menu. This will bring up the Downloads window.

• Click on "Options."

• Press the Browse button and browse to the folder where you want to download to be saved.

• Confirm with the OK button to assign the new download location. The downloads you perform from hereon will be saved in the folder that you have chosen.

If you are using Edge browser for downloading apps, please follow the steps below to find the downloaded app if it is completed successfully.

• Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    • Click on the Hub button on the right top corner of the screen (next to save favorites).
    • Click on Downloads button in the Hub, and click on the Open folder link.

Revert to us with the requested information and the results of the steps provided. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet.

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet.

1. I can't open apps downloaded off the Internet. - Similar Threads - can't open apps

2. Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store: When I try and download any app it says it's trying to download and when it says "acquiring license" it stops and gives me an error code numbered 0x80070005. There's an old forum discussing this issue and I've tried everything there, from running system checks, deleting and...
  3. Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download apps off the Microsoft Store: When I try and download any app it says it's trying to download and when it says "acquiring license" it stops and gives me an error code numbered 0x80070005. There's an old forum discussing this issue and I've tried everything there, from running system checks, deleting and...
  4. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  5. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  6. can't open files downloaded from the internet

7. I can't open my files that I downloaded from the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my files that I downloaded from the internet.: So basically, whenever I try to open files that I've downloaded from the internet it doesn't open. More specifically the software won't open. Other stuff like Notepad files opens fine by opening Onedrive, but the software doesn't. I used a Windows 10 file restorer called...
  8. I can't open my files that I downloaded from the internet.

I can't open my files that I downloaded from the internet.: So basically, whenever I try to open files that I've downloaded from the internet it doesn't open. More specifically the software won't open. Other stuff like Notepad files opens fine by opening Onedrive, but the software doesn't. I used a Windows 10 file restorer called...
  9. I can't open my files that I downloaded from the internet.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Can't download off the Microsoft app store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download off the Microsoft app store.: On the microsoft store I bought Forza Horizon 4, downloaded it and played it for a month or so. Three days ago I go to play it and I it doesn't load. I just kept getting the Mclaren Senna loading screen after you open the game where you press Enter to start the game. It kept...