Windows 10: I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings

Discus and support I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day! I experience opening the display setting via right-click on the desktop then I just prompted like this... This opens and closes immediately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John BernardTabucol -, Jul 24, 2021.

1. I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings

Good day! I experience opening the display setting via right-click on the desktop then I just prompted like this... This opens and closes immediately, just a matter of seconds. I read that I will need to create a new user, I tried it but I want to retain my current user. Please help me, it's bugging me out. Thank you!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎Jun ‎27, ‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

:)

John BernardTabucol -, Jul 24, 2021

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Lyron Tra Win User
    Display settings

Hi David,

You can try to customize the desktop icons on your computer to your own personal settings. To do that, kindly follow the steps below:

Method 1: Customize your display settings.

• Right-click on your mouse and select Display settings.
    • Set the Change the size of text, apps, and other items on your own desire.
    • Click Apply and click Close window.
    Method 2: Using the right-click feature on your mouse, you can try to change the icon size by choosing on the three categories in the view list.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Lyron Tra, Jul 24, 2021
  4. I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings

Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work

I can successfully run Personalize and Display Settings from the PC Settings submenu. However, when I Right Click desktop, Personalize and Display Settings show up in the little menu, but do not work. I get a very brief CMD screen, then nothing. I have tried: Scannow and DISM clean, and removed the two HKLM and the HKCR registry items and the that are suggested online. I've updated graphics drivers. I've fully updated Windows 10 to ver1909. Any other suggestions to get this to work from Right Click desktop on my Lenovo AIO greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks.
    Peter

silversmith, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings

1. I can't open Display Settings via right-click on the mouse in the desktop and other settings - Similar Threads - can't open Display

2. Can't open Settings and other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Settings and other.: Hi Microsoft.Why can't i open settings and my file explorer loading too long. and when the loading complete it's either file explorer not responding or its blank. and some app can't be opened like paint, etc....
  3. Can't open Settings and other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Settings and other.: Hi Microsoft.Why can't i open settings and my file explorer loading too long. and when the loading complete it's either file explorer not responding or its blank. and some app can't be opened like paint, etc....
  4. Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.: Hi, I am unable to open Personalization, Display Settings from desktop on right click. A small command window pops up and disappears after clicking on either options. I can access personalization and display settings from the settings app but cannot access from desktop. Same...
  5. Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.

Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.: Every time i right click on my desktop it keep showing the loading icon on the cursor I went on the regedit to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and found this: "{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}" instead of new, i deleted everything...
  6. Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work: I can successfully run Personalize and Display Settings from the PC Settings submenu. However, when I Right Click desktop, Personalize and Display Settings show up in the little menu, but do not work. I get a very brief CMD screen, then nothing. I have tried: Scannow and DISM...
  7. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes...
  8. Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop

Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop: I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use specific settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately, but...
  9. Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work: I can successfully run Personalize and Display Settings from the PC Settings submenu. However, when I Right Click desktop, Personalize and Display Settings show up in the little menu, but do not work. I get a very brief CMD screen, then nothing. I have tried: Scannow and DISM...
  10. why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?

why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?: One of 3 system users is unable to Open Settings? or Display settings from desk top screen, or 'Personalize' from desk top....all of a sudden? And has a "scanned" item displayed on desk top that won't go away?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant open display settings in win 10