Windows 10: I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes

Discus and support I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes. I can open everything else using Task Manager, so I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatoCalzones, Dec 22, 2020.

1. I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes

I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes.

I can open everything else using Task Manager, so I've asked on a Discord Community and they said that it's probably a bug, and not a virus.

I've runned sfc /scannow in cmd but it didn't detect anything

:)

PatoCalzones, Dec 22, 2020
  2. hapEcat Win User

rundll32.exe opens and closes continiously

All this started back in early August, or about the time "Windows Creator" was installed.
    I have sound notifications for processes that open or close, a paranoia from long ago, or I would have never known this was going on.

rundll32.exe continuously opens and closes (1-2sec intervals) when a "windows explorer" R click menu is pulled up. I can pull up "MS Process Explorer" and it all stops. Found the culprit process by 1st pulling up "Process Explorer" and then R click on any icon pinned to the taskbar. I could then see the process open and closing.

I'm sure someone will suggest to simply just turn off the sounds for opening and closing, but I like to know when something is happening that is not normal, and a continual opening and closing of a process is not normal.... Normally all is quiet.

hapEcat, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Dec 22, 2020
  4. I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes

why does the file explorer closes everytime a folder with exe programs is opened. an error

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it did not work.

The MS support walked thru similar steps, we even reinstalled, deleted the folder but with no resolution.

It is strange because this happens specifically on folders that have .exe programs. I can access other folders.

The programs within the directory are listed and about 20 seconds later it closes.

regards

Dorian

DorianDesouza Faria, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes

1. I can't open explorer.exe when I do so I can see taskbar for half a second but then it closes - Similar Threads - can't open explorer

2. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  3. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  4. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't see Windows Security App in Apps&Features, so I can't open it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't see Windows Security App in Apps&Features, so I can't open it.: I have recently bought a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11, when I went to open Windows Security, it told me to look for another app . I tried to search up ways to fix this on the internet and most of them told me to go to search window security, and reset/repair the...
  6. Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?: And why have they removed drag to taskbar to pin an app in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-pin-this-exe-to-the-taskbar/98a2205a-fcce-4ef4-acdc-33d8f7b4f356
  7. Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I pin this .exe to the taskbar?: And why have they removed drag to taskbar to pin an app in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-pin-this-exe-to-the-taskbar/98a2205a-fcce-4ef4-acdc-33d8f7b4f356
  8. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  9. I can't open Exe files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Exe files?: [ATTACH] Hello, Unfortunately I cannot open any exe daiten anymore ... can anyone help me? I hand already tried everything ... Ich kann keine Exe Dateien öffnen?
  10. How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?: I have windows 10 update ver. 1908. In taskbar settings, there is only one size option; small and smaller. I need a Large! Here is a shot of my taskbar with the taskbar icon size setting set to the off position [img] Here the switch is on: [img] Small or smaller is not...