Windows 10: i cant open files

Discus and support i cant open files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; anytime i try to open a file it doesnt let me or tells me to open it with another application but i have no clue what application to use or if im jus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaylaVW, Jan 5, 2022.

1. kaylaVW Win User

i cant open files

anytime i try to open a file it doesnt let me or tells me to open it with another application but i have no clue what application to use or if im jus doing something wrong and google is being useless

:)

kaylaVW, Jan 5, 2022
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 5, 2022
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile i cant open files :)

jaydeee, Jan 5, 2022
  4. i cant open files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

i cant open files

1. i cant open files - Similar Threads - cant open files

2. i cant open my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my files.: i cant open my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-files/f5353b3e-eec4-4cde-9fc7-c01b550eb7c9
  3. i cant open my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open my files.: i cant open my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-files/f5353b3e-eec4-4cde-9fc7-c01b550eb7c9
  4. cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files: I have a Dell Latitude 5520, windows 11. I have been trying for 2 days to clean my temp files. Still, it says there are files open that need to be closed ,I'm not a professional and got the laptop for school so I don't know anything about programs or what file does what,I did...
  5. cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files

cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files: I have a Dell Latitude 5520, windows 11. I have been trying for 2 days to clean my temp files. Still, it says there are files open that need to be closed ,I'm not a professional and got the laptop for school so I don't know anything about programs or what file does what,I did...
  6. i cant open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open files: anytime i try to open a file it doesnt let me or tells me to open it with another application but i have no clue what application to use or if im jus doing something wrong and google is being useless...
  7. i cant open files

i cant open files: anytime i try to open a file it doesnt let me or tells me to open it with another application but i have no clue what application to use or if im jus doing something wrong and google is being useless...
  8. Cant open file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open file: So i made a game with unity, i exported for pc standalone, i tried opening it, and it couldnt open. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file/b5cd5df8-af12-4fed-bd79-680746d148c0
  9. Cant open file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open file: In Outlook I have located a OST file which I want to open. What app do I need or how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file/6cbb1bac-cc8f-47a1-bd6f-4811a29cec2f
  10. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...