Windows 10: I can't open games that are minimized

Discus and support I can't open games that are minimized in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having this problem and I can't find a solution to it... So every game that I play on fullscreen and I minimize it to do something else...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GoncaloTeixeira1, Aug 18, 2021.

1. I can't open games that are minimized

I have been having this problem and I can't find a solution to it... So every game that I play on fullscreen and I minimize it to do something else... when I try to open it again it flashes the game and minimizes it again.. The game does not crash or close it stays open... The games are OSU, call of duty warzone, Genshin impact, CS GO, GTA V and some others. This started 2 days ago.. i have since completely reset my pc didnt fix create a new user didnt fix.. and ran a scandidnt fix.[Movido para Inglês]

:)

GoncaloTeixeira1, Aug 18, 2021

2. Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 games minimizes periodically

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Which build is installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue occurring with Windows Store games?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Cerawy Win User

I can't open games that are minimized

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

I can't open games that are minimized

1. I can't open games that are minimized - Similar Threads - can't open games

2. Can't open game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open game: A few months ago, I got Persona 5 royale on my laptop. I had to bring my laptop in to fix, logging me out of a lot of things and undownloading things and such. I sign back into my microsoft account, and when I try to open the game it says: Persona 5 Royal is currently not...
  3. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  4. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  5. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  6. all of a sudden I can't open settings. It is minimized in the task bar and won't open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all of a sudden I can't open settings. It is minimized in the task bar and won't open.: I cannot open settings all of a sudden. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-i-cant-open-settings-it-is/78773e30-8b47-4017-bcb4-90f02ae7d90f
  7. I can't open a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a game: Hi, Recently I have been having problems opening a game. I contacted the support for the game and they told me that I am unable to launch it due to 'vrfcore.dll'. They directed me here. How can I fix this issue?...
  8. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  9. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  10. My games in full-screen minimizes by itself whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games in full-screen minimizes by itself whenever I open it: Help me! Opening my games is not a problem at all, It's not minimizing at first, but when I plug in my headphones this pops up: [img] "And then I'll check Headphone and then click OK" [img] But when I open up my games again, it keeps minimizing! It's so...