Windows 10: I can't open Google Chrome anymore

Discus and support I can't open Google Chrome anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to open Google Chrome this afternoon, but it wouldn't open. It only opened to show my profile pic. I'm sorry, but I don't like Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DenitaArnold_800, Jun 28, 2019.

1. I can't open Google Chrome anymore

I tried to open Google Chrome this afternoon, but it wouldn't open.

It only opened to show my profile pic. I'm sorry, but I don't like Edge. Because I

had to reset my Windows 10, I had to download Chrome last week. Now it won't open

right. What can I do? And what's another good browser just in case. No I don't like Firefox

either. I think Microsoft is being deliberate about keeping Chrome off.

:)

DenitaArnold_800, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 28, 2019
  4. I can't open Google Chrome anymore

Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

Hi.

I have a PC that runs Windows 10

When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore.

What happened?

What I could try to fix this problem?

Thanks

francesckosky, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

I can't open Google Chrome anymore

1. I can't open Google Chrome anymore - Similar Threads - can't open Google

2. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  3. Google Chrome not not Opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not not Opening: I use Google Chrome for a lot of things and I can't get on because it won't let me. Every time I click on Chrome to open, it doesn't open. I have tried every method ranging from YouTube videos to comments like these and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone of you reply to...
  4. i can't open google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can't open google chrome: why I can't open google chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-google-chrome/b33a7559-c85e-40fd-8ddb-81304822b285
  5. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  6. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  7. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b
  8. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

Google Chrome doesn't open anymore: Hi. I have a PC that runs Windows 10 When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore. What happened? What I could try to fix this problem? Thanks...
  9. Can't open google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open google chrome: Hi ! So I connected my xbox account to the pc to see how it goes( I have a child account on xbox so I had to give an adult account to play the games ) and the next day I can't open Google Chrome. It says "Ask for permission". I looked on youtube, google, haven't found...
  10. Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore: When I used to restart/open up my computer, Google Chrome used to open automatically all the time with the url thing usually being the first thing to open at the top of the screen. All my bookmarks and actual history was on there and I was very satisfied with it as it made...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant start google chrome

2. i cant open google chrome

3. why wont google chrome open anymore

4. cant open google anymore,
  5. i cant access google chrome anymore. Please help,
  6. unable to start chrime,
  7. cant install chrome on windows10