Windows 10: I can't open Internet Explorer

Discus and support I can't open Internet Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; No matter what I do, including clicking on the IE shortcut, I get taken to MSN. 114981 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ken Lichtsinn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. I can't open Internet Explorer

No matter what I do, including clicking on the IE shortcut, I get taken to MSN.

:)

Ken Lichtsinn, Jul 28, 2018

2. Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Homeless Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Jul 28, 2018
  4. I can't open Internet Explorer

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

I can't open Internet Explorer

1. I can't open Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - can't open Internet

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't open doc files using Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open doc files using Internet Explorer: I can't open doc files using IE 10 NOW MY OS ON MY HP LAPTOP IS WINDOWS 10. EARLIER MY OS ON MY HP LAPTOP WAS WIN 8 I WAS GIVEN FREE WIN 10 UPGRADE. I CANT USE DOC FILE FOR CREATION SAVE AND EDIT. OLD DOC FILES SAVED UNDER IE 10 CANT BE OPEN UNDER WIN 10. I CAN'T...
  6. Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer: I wanted to install an app but when i first downloaded it , it asked which app to use i accidentally clicked internet explorer now i cant use the setup.exe file because it always opens in internet explorer....
  7. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  8. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760
  9. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...
  10. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...