Windows 10: I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

Discus and support I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had my PC for about two years now and never had these problems. I have tried resetting my PC multiple times with no luck. I have tried doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shandon Johnson Eugenio, May 11, 2024.

1. I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

I have had my PC for about two years now and never had these problems. I have tried resetting my PC multiple times with no luck. I have tried doing Windows Key + R then wsreset.exe which then says that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I have also tried installing Windows 10 itself again with no luck. I have also tried going to "Update & Security" in settings then checking for updates which says everything is up to date. I have also tried I mainly use this PC for gaming but would love to have acces

:)

Shandon Johnson Eugenio, May 11, 2024
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 11, 2024
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Introducing the new Sticky Notes app for Windows

Microsoft 365 Insider Blog: Hey, Microsoft 365 Insiders! My name is Chetna Das and Im a Product Manager on the OneNote team. Im excited to share with you an early look at the new Sticky Notes app on Windows, focused on creating and recalling notes more seamlessly than ever. We are taking our first step with OneNote on Windows as the entry point for this preview experience. Soon, youll be able to try the new Sticky Notes app from the Windows Start menu and by toggling over from the existing Microsoft Sticky Notes app on Windows.
    I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,... [​IMG]
    Introducing the new Sticky Notes app for Windows Have you ever wished to capture a thought or idea in a meeting or conversation, but it passed too quickly? Do you need an easier way to pick up where you left off with notetaking when switching between tasks? These are the kinds of issues that we aim to help you solve with the new Sticky Notes app, while keeping things simple and intuitive. How it works
    1. To launch the new Sticky Notes app, open the OneNote app on Windows and select the Sticky Notes button.
    NOTE: After launching the new Sticky Notes app, you can pin it to the taskbar. You can also press the Win + Alt + S keys to launch the app anytime.
    I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,... [​IMG]
    2. To ensure that your notes are synced across your devices, sign in if you havent already. 3. To get started with the new Sticky Notes app, read through the Quick Tips cards.
    4. Select + Note to create a note or select Screenshot to take a screenshot of your current app window with a single click. NOTE: The note will automatically include original source information of the app window where note is taken from.
    5. If you captured a note or a screenshot from a website, click the auto-captured source to go back to that website.
    6. To see the note in a larger window, double-click it, or select the pop-out icon on the top right corner of the note. NOTE: You can also double-click on a captured image to view it at full size.
    7. To use the new Sticky Notes app in a side-by-side mode while using other apps, dock it to your desktop.
    8. To access your Sticky Notes on the go, use the OneNote for iOS or OneNote for Android. Scenarios to try At work
    • When a presentation is shared in a Teams meeting, take screenshots of important slides with a single click, while staying focused on the meeting.
    • For a recurring meeting, take notes on the same page and your past notes will automatically rise to the top when you open the new Sticky Notes app during the next instance of the meeting series.
    When learning
    • While watching an educational YouTube video or reading an article, capture important sections and your previous notes will rise to the top in the app when you return to the same website later.
    At home
    • When planning a trip, take notes and screenshots of potential destinations. The next time you open your notes, click the source link to go back to the website in question for more details or to complete your booking.
    Tips and tricks
    • Pin the new Sticky Notes app to your taskbar for easy access in the future—no need to launch OneNote.
    • If you’re already a signed in Sticky Notes user, all your existing notes will appear in the new app.
    • Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account to sync your notes across your devices.
    Availability The new Sticky Notes app is available to Current Channel (Preview) users running OneNote on Windows Version 2402 (Build 17328.20000) or later. Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.  Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because theyre slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.  Meet the creators Bringing the new Sticky Notes app to you is a team effort so we wanted to recognize other key contributors: As one of them stated: I loved working on the new Sticky Notes app. Its satisfying to know that the work we do behind the scenes helps our customers be more productive in their day. We hope you enjoy the new Sticky Notes app! Feedback Wed love to know what you think about the new Sticky Notes experience! Please send us your thoughts by selecting Feedback in the ellipsis menu. Source: [URL unfurl="true"]Microsoft 365 Insiders

Tenforo, May 11, 2024
  4. I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, May 11, 2024
Thema:

I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

1. I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,... - Similar Threads - can't open Microsoft

2. I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...: I have had my PC for about two years now and never had these problems. I have tried resetting my PC multiple times with no luck. I have tried doing Windows Key + R then wsreset.exe which then says that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  3. I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open Microsoft store or any other windows apps such as sticky notes, calculator,...: I have had my PC for about two years now and never had these problems. I have tried resetting my PC multiple times with no luck. I have tried doing Windows Key + R then wsreset.exe which then says that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  4. I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps

I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps: This issue started recently when I couldn't open the Xbox app nor open the Xbox game bar. I don't exactly know what happened from there but now I can't open anything from the Microsoft store including the store itself. I've tried almost every troubleshooter and "solution"...
  5. My Microsoft store, Sticky notes and Calculator is not working even not opening and...

My Microsoft store, Sticky notes and Calculator is not working even not opening and...: I want to know why this is happening and what can i do to correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-sticky-notes-and-calculator-is/24439dc9-142c-4b6d-96a7-df6df426a3e1
  6. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app: Hey. I am neck deep in sh*t right now. I can't open any files that are made by microsoft or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time if I try to open, let's say an MP3 file or a photo file, I get this error message and the app closes faster than I blink, like you open it,...
  7. Unable to open Microsoft Store and other modern apps Maps, People, Camera, Sticky Notes, etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Microsoft Store and other modern apps Maps, People, Camera, Sticky Notes, etc: Hi community, After updating my Windows in January, I found out I could not open the Sticky Notes app and Microsoft Store app. I tried looking for a solution online and I found the links below:...
  8. Microsoft store - sticky note

Microsoft store - sticky note: Hi, Recently i had downloaded the stick note application, it cannot be launch after installed. Trying a few attempts, still the same outcome. Do anybody facing the same problem as me? [ATTACH]...
  9. This App can't open - 3D Viewer & Sticky Notes

This App can't open - 3D Viewer & Sticky Notes: I'm Recently Experiencing errors in opening following Store Apps: 1. 3D Viewer 2. Sticky Notes when attempted to open, it showing This App can't open Banner with see details in Store as Shown below, [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I tried...
  10. sticky notes. this app can't open.

sticky notes. this app can't open.: I'm having trouble opening the Sticky Notes App. I get a message 'Check the Windows Store for more info about Sticky Notes.' When I go there it has no further information. I have notes that I need to access and I cant open the app. Any help much appreciated. Thanks...