Windows 10: i cant open microsoft store or photos

Discus and support i cant open microsoft store or photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i try to open photos it says "Theres a problem with Photos. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by personwithmilk, Jul 12, 2021.

1. i cant open microsoft store or photos

when i try to open photos it says "Theres a problem with Photos. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator." and i cant reinstall itfrom the microsoft storebecause when i click on microsoft store nothing happens it doesnt even close the search can anyone please help my windows version is 20H2

:)

personwithmilk, Jul 12, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done i cant open microsoft store or photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 12, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 12, 2021
  4. i cant open microsoft store or photos

Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

i cant open microsoft store or photos

1. i cant open microsoft store or photos - Similar Threads - cant open microsoft

2. Cant open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open Microsoft Store: Hello i cant open Microsoft Store app Here is what i triedWsreset.exe gives an errorUpdate windowsVerifying Time and a countryWaiting for a response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-store/ab5888b1-176c-40dd-ba26-2ee2a65206c8
  3. Cant open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open Microsoft Store: Hello i cant open Microsoft Store app Here is what i triedWsreset.exe gives an errorUpdate windowsVerifying Time and a countryWaiting for a response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-store/ab5888b1-176c-40dd-ba26-2ee2a65206c8
  4. cant open microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open microsoft store.: can someone tell me how to fix the issue, ive tried 20 methods, i cant seem to get microsoft store to work as ws reset doesent work it just says "windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:PurgeChaches'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."not even the...
  5. cant open microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant open microsoft store.: can someone tell me how to fix the issue, ive tried 20 methods, i cant seem to get microsoft store to work as ws reset doesent work it just says "windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:PurgeChaches'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."not even the...
  6. I cant open microsoft store

I cant open microsoft store: microsoft store doesn't open after reset it doesn't open please help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-store/0fbe3d57-036b-414c-813b-92d13d19f6c4
  7. I cant open microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open microsoft store: microsoft store doesn't open after reset it doesn't open please help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-store/0fbe3d57-036b-414c-813b-92d13d19f6c4
  8. I cant open microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cant open Microsoft Store

Cant open Microsoft Store: When I try to open Microsoft Store nothing loads, if I refresh the page it still doesn't load. I gives the option to report this problem, but then that page also doesn't load....
  10. Microsoft store cant opened

Microsoft store cant opened: I open Microsoft store in my device, but it cant opened. when I click it, its just like pop up, but it is not working. I try to fix it with troubleshooting that recommended by Microsoft site, I have done every tips from the site, but Microsoft store still cant opened....