Windows 10: i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

Discus and support i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i recently upgraded to windows 10 by installing a new ssd and got rid of old partition of the old drive and after installation when i try to open some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by satyanarayanapasala, May 28, 2022.

1. i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

i recently upgraded to windows 10 by installing a new ssd and got rid of old partition of the old drive and after installation when i try to open some files in my old drive i cant access any of them neither any of them are corrupted but i think some certificate issue has arisen due to change of users the old system i have is windows 7 ultimate..and i really need the old files i just completed a ton of work in itand my years of data too...i dont know how to get it back . i tried some local technician but there is no use, he used some recovery tool and some lock icons disapperaed but still files

:)

satyanarayanapasala, May 28, 2022

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, May 28, 2022
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 28, 2022
  4. i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

Files with lock on the icon. I possibly encrypted on a laptop I no longer possess.

Hello Z,

A lock icon
    i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files 061d173e-c6fb-452e-94b5-160c1c5fd7ff?upload=true.png

beside the file icon can also mean that it is encrypted. I'd like to know more about the challenge you're experiencing with opening your personal files. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you tell me the exact error message you're getting when opening the files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

File encryption helps protect your personal data by encrypting it. Only the user with the right encryption key such as a password can decrypt it. If the files are originally encrypted before being transferred to your external hard disk, we'll need to import
    the Encrypting File System (EFS) certificate or key from your Dell computer to your Windows 10 PC. Apparently, we won't be able to access the files without the right certificate or key.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Devlin Sco, May 28, 2022
Thema:

i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

1. i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files - Similar Threads - cant open files

2. i cant open my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my files.: i cant open my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-files/f5353b3e-eec4-4cde-9fc7-c01b550eb7c9
  3. i cant open my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open my files.: i cant open my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-files/f5353b3e-eec4-4cde-9fc7-c01b550eb7c9
  4. i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files: i recently upgraded to windows 10 by installing a new ssd and got rid of old partition of the old drive and after installation when i try to open some files in my old drive i cant access any of them neither any of them are corrupted but i think some certificate issue has...
  5. i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my files, encryption file system , lock icon appearing on files: i recently upgraded to windows 10 by installing a new ssd and got rid of old partition of the old drive and after installation when i try to open some files in my old drive i cant access any of them neither any of them are corrupted but i think some certificate issue has...
  6. Encrypting File System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encrypting File System: Hello , I am Sagar. I am not able to start my encryption file technology. When I tried to start it from services.msc, it showed below error in the description: "Provides the core file encryption technology used to store encrypted files on NTFS file system volumes. If this...
  7. Lock Icons appear on my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lock Icons appear on my files: I am doing a lot of work in one folder. Yesterday, Lock icons appeared on each file, but they do not seem to be locked. I can open them with their applications, and do a save as to a different location. They save without the lock icon. I have scanned with Bit Defender and...
  8. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  9. File is open in system / locked for editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File is open in system / locked for editing: I'm sorry if this is not categorized correctly as there were several ways I could think of to categorize it give him the drop-down options asking this question :-). I have a simple home style network setup with Windows 10 running on the machine that is sharing the drive....
  10. Encryption File System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption File System: Is there EFS in Windows 10 ? If yes, where it is and how to enable? 56730