Windows 10: I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load

Discus and support I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I opened my laptop some hours ago and it didn't load and it's been showing the same screen which showed-Reading Packed Metadata into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Prakhar_841, Jun 8, 2021.

1. I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load

Hello, I opened my laptop some hours ago and it didn't load and it's been showing the same screen which showed-Reading Packed Metadata into memory...DoneProcessing Delta Log record.....................0Writing updated Packed Metadata...........DoneCreating the Segment/Index Pairs............100%Total number of Segment/Index Pairs.......3126944Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 1.......100%Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 2.......100%Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs..........DoneTotal Heap Size..........................................12216Writing Segment Heap............................

:)

Prakhar_841, Jun 8, 2021

2. Cannot get my system to boot at all. "Writing Segment Heap...Done" & "Preparing automatic repair"

Hello,

A few nights ago I turned on my desktop. The computer was on for several minutes, but it was not displaying anything on my monitor. I checked the connection between the two, unplugged and replugged the HDMI chords, but nothing worked. So I held the power
    button until my system turned off. Now every time I turn on my computer it says:

"The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.

Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

Please do not interrupt this process.

Reading Packed Metadata into memory...Done

Processing Delta Log record.....................0

Writing updated Packed Metadata...........Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs............100%

Total number of Segment/Index Pairs.......3126944

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 1.......100%

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 2.......100%

Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs..........Done

Total Heap Size..........................................12216

Writing Segment Heap...............................Done"

I have left it alone for several hours at a time and nothing happens. The spinning circle at the bottom is there acting like it's loading but it never does anything. Sometimes it also says "Preparing automatic repair". I have let that run for several hours
    and nothing has come of that either.

I have searched the internet and the Microsoft forums for solutions and have tried several of them but I cannot get any of them to work. I can't get to the login screen which several suggestions required. The first thing I tried was to start the Windows
    Recovery Environment. That has never loaded no matter what methods I attempt to get it to work. I have a Windows 10 Installation Media USB that I made with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Whenever I select to boot from my USB from the "Boot Options" menu
    it only shows the spinning circle for a few minutes and then shows the long message from above and preparing automatic repair.

At this point I don't really know what else to try. I've been working on this for 5 days and have not been able to find any solutions that worked for me. Any help or suggestions would be amazing because I'm losing my mind here.

concerned_windows_user, Jun 8, 2021
  3. JayG0912 Win User
    Infinite boot-up

Last night, the power went out as my computer was on. It shut off, but then loaded into a screen that said:

”The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadata. Please do not interrupt this process.

Reading Packed Metadata into memory...Done

Processing Delta Log record...(Can’t read the number because the Alienware logo is in the way)

Writing updated Packed Metadata...Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs...100%

Total number of segment/Index pairs...1745376

Sorting segment/Index pairs phase 1...100%

Sorting segment/Index pairs phase 2...100%

Writing sorted segment/Index Pairs...Done

Total Heap Size...6820

Writinf Segment Heap... Done

Preparing Automatic Repair”

I have been letting it sit for an few hours but nothing has happened at all. I tried running a diagnostic but F12 isn’t doing anything. I’m on Windows 10. What should I do?

JayG0912, Jun 8, 2021
  4. I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load

Attribute record (80, "") corrupt file segments

Keep getting a message that I need to restart to repair something. I restart and the drive is scanned and repair initiated but doesn't fix whatever needs fixing. I run CHKDSK from command prompt and get the following 10 files (see below) showing
    as corrupt. I run /f, and /r and restart but the problem persists. I don't have a backup disc. Computer is about 10 years old AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor but I replaced the hard drive about 4 years ago. Any advice is appreciated!

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.1098]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk

The type of the file system is NTFS.

Volume label is New Volume.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.

Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 64E5

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 12E9D

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 132C8

is corrupt.

Attribute record (A0, $I30) from file record segment ****

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 299AE

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 32825

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 43C23

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 4F10D

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 63E23

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 99280

is corrupt.

825856 file records processed.

File verification completed.

41989 large file records processed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Spiralwizard_VA, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load

1. I can't open my Laptop, it shows segment pairs and segment heap size and dosent load - Similar Threads - can't open Laptop

2. netbios outside segment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netbios outside segment: HelloHow do I query for the name of a host outside of my network segment?Eg.:My host is MYPC with IP 192.168.1.3 1.x subnetThe other host has IP 192.168.3.9 3.x subnet...
  3. netbios outside segment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netbios outside segment: HelloHow do I query for the name of a host outside of my network segment?Eg.:My host is MYPC with IP 192.168.1.3 1.x subnetThe other host has IP 192.168.3.9 3.x subnet...
  4. my HDD have a lot of segmentation, and can't install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my HDD have a lot of segmentation, and can't install Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/how-to-fix-bios-update-failed/da6769c1-5969-4130-9817-34230a535c7d?messageId=1c6401f5-5f63-47ba-94cc-235d1de97958 I asked this question before, and I finally can go to the Windows install page But my HDD...
  5. Netstat "Segments Retransmitted" stuck at zero

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netstat "Segments Retransmitted" stuck at zero: Hi,When I type "netstat -s" from the command prompt, one of the output lines is "Segments Retransmitted".I noticed the value is stuck at zero, although when I open Wireshark during a speed test I do see occasional TCP retransmissions, as expected.This seems to be a new...
  6. File record segment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File record segment: So I was performing a disk check and I got some bad record segment and is apparently slowing my disk drive. And so while checking I came across these names like 2CD78, 2C90C, 2C90E, etc. And I tried checking on internet and wasn't helpful at all. So I was wondering if there's...
  7. Attribute record 80, "" corrupt file segments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attribute record 80, "" corrupt file segments: Keep getting a message that I need to restart to repair something. I restart and the drive is scanned and repair initiated but doesn't fix whatever needs fixing. I run CHKDSK from command prompt and get the following 10 files see below showing as corrupt. I run /f, and /r and...
  8. Cannot get my system to boot at all. "Writing Segment Heap...Done" & "Preparing automatic...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot get my system to boot at all. "Writing Segment Heap...Done" & "Preparing automatic...: Hello, A few nights ago I turned on my desktop. The computer was on for several minutes, but it was not displaying anything on my monitor. I checked the connection between the two, unplugged and replugged the HDMI chords, but nothing worked. So I held the power button...
  9. Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer: I've added folders to my libraries (like music, pictures etc.) but in the explorer they don't appear there, on the left. Instead I (gather that) I see folders with the same names as the libraries (which is quite confusing)... For example, in the "music" library I have...
  10. Corrupt Segment

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Segment: I have a external hard drive connected to my computer that has all my quickbooks files on it but have a corrupt segment, the number chkdsk gave me was 3EFSD. Can somebody please help me fix it. 97527