Windows 10: I can't open my settings after a windows reset

Discus and support I can't open my settings after a windows reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I can't open any of my settings after I did a windows reset. Either the window briefly opens up and then closes or I am met with this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickNielsen5, Mar 8, 2021.

1. I can't open my settings after a windows reset

Hi,

I can't open any of my settings after I did a windows reset.

Either the window briefly opens up and then closes or I am met with this error message if I try to open it in another way;

I can't open my settings after a windows reset 0787d47b-a3db-4064-927f-507f9a1829f5?upload=true.png

I have also tried to re-installing the apps through powershell admin with the following script;

Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

But i receive the following errors;

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073D02 NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-45c6-b75fe812d701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-45c6-b75fe812d701 At line:1 char:28 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073D02 NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-50c6-b75fe812d701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-50c6-b75fe812d701 At line:1 char:28

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073D02

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-5ac6-b75fe812d701 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 5fb7b83f-12e8-0003-5ac6-b75fe812d701

At line:1 char:28

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

I have also tried to boot the laptop up in safemode, but it still won't work.

I hope someone can help.

Best,

Patrick

:)

PatrickNielsen5, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 8, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

I can't open my settings after a windows reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

I can't open my settings after a windows reset

1. I can't open my settings after a windows reset - Similar Threads - can't open settings

2. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  3. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  4. Can't open my files after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open my files after resetting Windows 10: Hello to all. Today when I log in to my windows 10, I see that my windows is infected with virus. I don't know the reason when the virus came to my laptop. But after corrupting the necessary files of windows 10, my windows had gone to mad. So, I chose to reset my laptop. I...
  5. Can't open my files after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open my files after resetting Windows 10: Hello to all. Today when I log in to my windows 10, I see that my windows is infected with virus. I don't know the reason when the virus came to my laptop. But after corrupting the necessary files of windows 10, my windows had gone to mad. So, I chose to reset my laptop. I...
  6. Can't open my files after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My settings will not open even after resetting pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My settings will not open even after resetting pc.: When I try to open anything to do with settings it will show that its opening then promptly close. Everything else with my pc works completely as normal, when I try to open the display settings or personalise it shows the "ms-settings" error message. Things ive tried so far:...
  8. why i can't open my settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i can't open my settings: I have been trying to open my setting but it don't open i click it sevaral time but no response from everywhere i tryed but it don't open please help with this problem...
  9. After reset and cleanup, I can't open settings or almost anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After reset and cleanup, I can't open settings or almost anything!: I'm panicking since the morning. Last 2 says I had problems with Windows spotlight, and then with lockr screen all together. II tried all different ways to fix it (even posped about it here) but didn't work. Figure'd Id do a reset since it's a new laptop and I don't care if...
  10. I can't open my Windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my Windows settings: I can't open my Windows settings, please help me. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-cant-open-my-windows-settings/9761b03b-ddec-411f-8295-7114f817338a