Windows 10: I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

Discus and support I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigbudsy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigbudsy, Dec 14, 2020.

1. I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

/u/bigbudsy, Dec 14, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 14, 2020
  4. birkhauer Win User

I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

Windows 10 64bit, can't type in search bar / start menu, tried powershell fix but didn't help

Hello guys and search for a solution for this problem and its was the simple of things.

I don´t know why it works but try it and tell if it works for you guys too.

• Press Win + R (to open Run )
    • copy paste and press enter to run this program. "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe". it brings back the language bar and for me it allowed me to type in windows search, start menu and WINDOWS 10 apps again
    I think it is due to missing Language bar or some think like that.

Best regards.

birkhauer, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

1. I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix? - Similar Threads - can’t open start

2. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  3. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  4. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  6. Windows start menu not opening and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu not opening and search bar not working: So today my computer decided it was a great idea to not let me open the start menu at all. The search bar is also not working, I type something in and go to click on the app i want to run and it just refuses to open the app, as if i didn't click at all. When I tried to go...
  7. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  8. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  10. Missing apps in Start Bar, anyone know a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing apps in Start Bar, anyone know a fix?: This is what I see when I open my Start Bar; https://i.imgur.com/s9WDU0J.jpg 10433