Windows 10: I can't open my windows defender

Discus and support I can't open my windows defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i play the game, my game hangs which says my windows has a virus, when i open windows defender it can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RhezaNuarta, Oct 22, 2021.

1. I can't open my windows defender

when i play the game, my game hangs which says my windows has a virus, when i open windows defender it can't

:)

RhezaNuarta, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 22, 2021
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I can't open my windows defender

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't open my windows defender

1. I can't open my windows defender - Similar Threads - can't open defender

2. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  3. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  4. I can't seem to open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to open Windows Defender: Every time I try to open windows defender, it shows me the prompt to select the app from the list. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-open-windows-defender/724ebffc-1973-429f-bcdd-aca03887d0c4
  5. I can't seem to open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't seem to open Windows Defender: Every time I try to open windows defender, it shows me the prompt to select the app from the list. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-open-windows-defender/724ebffc-1973-429f-bcdd-aca03887d0c4
  6. I can't open my windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my windows defender: when i play the game, my game hangs which says my windows has a virus, when i open windows defender it can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/d3d47d19-2c34-48b5-af73-e5485b5a9250
  7. Can't open Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open Windows Defender: Hello I have this issue for decades now. Back to the past, I downloaded some sketchy files and it contained a virus. I managed to delete that virus, but it has disabled the Windows Defender. I tried to enable the Defender, but nothing happened. Although I still have update...
  8. Can't Open Windows Defender

Can't Open Windows Defender: I have windows 10 home,I can't open windows defender as it doesn't show in update and security,I have read numerous things online,but nobody ever answers thi problem. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  9. Can't Open Windows Defender

Can't Open Windows Defender: I ran into the first problem with my image I stripped down with MSMG, I can't get windows defender to launch but it's running as a service because it quarantined a file I was about to use. I just can open the app to release the file from quarantine. While in Windows...
  10. Can't Open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Open Windows Defender: I ran into the first problem with my image I stripped down with MSMG, I can't get windows defender to launch but it's running as a service because it quarantined a file I was about to use. I just can open the app to release the file from quarantine. While in Windows...