Windows 10: i cant open settings/search bar

Discus and support i cant open settings/search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i was watching a video on youtube i put it on fullscreen and my taskbar didnt go away, so i decided to go to task manager and fix it by going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sharinell, Nov 26, 2019.

1. sharinell Win User

i cant open settings/search bar

when i was watching a video on youtube i put it on fullscreen and my taskbar didnt go away, so i decided to go to task manager and fix it by going to windows explorer and restarting the task. i accidentally had clicked end task and the taskbar had went away completely. i then went on google to search how to get windows explorer back, and it told me to open file, click run new task, type in explorer.exe, and press okay. i did and it gave me my taskbar back, but now i cant open settings (told me class not registered), and when i tried to open the search bar it doesnt even open. now i also have this random clicking sound that wasnt there before.. please help i cant open settings/search bar :(

:)

sharinell, Nov 26, 2019
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 26, 2019
  4. i cant open settings/search bar

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

i cant open settings/search bar

1. i cant open settings/search bar - Similar Threads - cant open settings

2. cant open windows key, settings, search bar, or anything windows, played with some settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open windows key, settings, search bar, or anything windows, played with some settings...: is there a default wizard, to reset all things back to default for user account on this pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-windows-key-settings-search-bar-or/24bbbd0a-a6b1-4709-9cba-a95a461139e1
  3. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  4. can open settings or search bar

can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  5. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.: Also words under wifi say DirectAccess logs from %1!s!\\%2!s! - %3!s! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-settings-notifications-search-bar-and/bc971102-513a-4b9f-bce0-ec2f6b927766
  7. Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.: Also words under wifi say DirectAccess logs from %1!s!\\%2!s! - %3!s! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-settings-notifications-search-bar-and/bc971102-513a-4b9f-bce0-ec2f6b927766
  8. Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.

9. Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab: I just opend my computer one day and I try'd to type something in and it wouldn't open my search bar and windows tab this is what it said when I try'd to find a corrupt file. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection...
  10. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...