Windows 10: I can't open task manager and cmd

Discus and support I can't open task manager and cmd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nero.s, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Nero.s Win User

I can't open task manager and cmd

Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?

:)

Nero.s, Jul 14, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 14, 2022
  3. task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

Hi Terry,

Are you facing any other issues with the start menu or the action center?

I would suggest you to try these steps and check if that fixes the issue:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    If the above steps didn't help, then try creating a new user profile and check if the same behavior is noticed. This will help us determine if this issue is confined to your user profile. Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jul 14, 2022
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 14, 2022
Thema:

I can't open task manager and cmd

1. I can't open task manager and cmd - Similar Threads - can't open task

2. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  3. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  7. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  8. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  9. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. I can't open Task manager

I can't open Task manager: So yeah, recently I can't open Task manager, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please reply....