Windows 10: I cant open the boot manager

Discus and support I cant open the boot manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can’t open bootmanager! Hi! So I factory reset my pc today and I was going to reinstall windows 10 with a USB stick. My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2067sc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Swaqsterr, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I cant open the boot manager

Can’t open bootmanager!

Hi! So I factory reset my pc today and I was going to reinstall windows 10 with a USB stick. My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2067sc (with upgraded parts gpu cpu and ram)

I have tried pressing all the keys at this point. Help me please! I cant open the boot manager :(

submitted by /u/Swaqsterr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Swaqsterr, Dec 18, 2020

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 18, 2020
  3. adj592 Win User
    No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Dec 18, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

I cant open the boot manager

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I cant open the boot manager

1. I cant open the boot manager - Similar Threads - cant open boot

2. Cant Open Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Open Device Manager: I can't open my device manager, it says that the MMC couldn't create the snap in. What does this mean? The CLISD is {74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a} if that help......
  3. I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?: So I cloned my 1st ssd to another 2nd ssd and disconnected the first SSD. When i try to boot from my 2nd SSD (P4), it keeps saying ""Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" So I boot from a Windows boot manager...
  4. Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager: I have an acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 which came with a Ryzen 3550h, 12gb ram, and 1 TB HDD. Upgraded it with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb and used samsung´s data migration tool to clone the HDD drive into the new SSD decided not to format the hdd in case i ran into a problem, and...
  5. Open Task Manager on Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Task Manager on Boot: Is there a way to open the Task Manager on boot? I was able to open Edge on boot by putting it in the shell:startup folder from the run menu, but every time I added the Task Manager shortcut in there it either won't work, or it will tell me that I don't have enough elevation...
  6. i cant open the start and i cant open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant open the start and i cant open settings: i dont know what here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-start-and-i-cant-open-settings/720c6ef2-fb65-4368-b948-c1b32c487673
  7. i cant open the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant open the store: open the store The Server stumbled we have bad days refresh the page but cant the open the store. please open in process. thanks & regards Swathi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-store/515a94a8-6a03-4ffa-9b81-b38722cada57"
  8. Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager: I start my computer. Login. Everything frozen. Cant open task manager. Cant run sfc. Cant see any icons. No functions working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-obsolete-no-icons-cant-sfc-cant-open-task/f261c1ab-51fa-43e3-b0bd-4f74f413f4e9
  9. Cant open device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open device manager: [ATTACH] Cant seem to find any fix, anyone able to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-open-device-manager/8b9f8332-352e-4987-a2f0-cf0e8168a838
  10. Cant get to bios from windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant get to bios from windows boot manager: Hello, i was playing with disc partitions and i accidentally deleted something... The problem is, that when i start my computer, Windows boot manager error appears (with no options, nothing, just some text about how should i reinstall / repair...), but when i start my...