Windows 10: I can't open the new Microsoft Edge.

Discus and support I can't open the new Microsoft Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got the error when clicking the taskbar icon. I couldn't open it via the start menu either: [img] OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LAPIII, Feb 20, 2020.

1. LAPIII Win User

I can't open the new Microsoft Edge.

I got the error when clicking the taskbar icon. I couldn't open it via the start menu either:

I can't open the new Microsoft Edge. [​IMG]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

[EDIT] At the file location, it's gone:

I can't open the new Microsoft Edge. [​IMG]

What do I do now?

:)

LAPIII, Feb 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Feb 20, 2020
  3. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 20, 2020
  4. I can't open the new Microsoft Edge.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

I can't open the new Microsoft Edge.

1. I can't open the new Microsoft Edge. - Similar Threads - can't open Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  3. Microsoft Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  4. I can't open Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Edge: I can't access Edge - a message appears giving me a warning that I have had too many repeated authentication attempts. I don't understand what the message is all about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-edge/1ef155bc-d74e-4235-8e77-a44818eafbae
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Can't open my Microsoft edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open my Microsoft edge browser: Can't open my Microsoft edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-microsoft-edge-browser/3049888f-e835-4124-9843-a2280f3a4cd0
  7. Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge: Game submitted by /u/oneberto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9l57r/open_edgesurf_on_the_new_edge/
  8. Can't download new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download new Microsoft Edge: When I go to download the new Edge on Microsoft's website, I'm met with a 500 Error. It's as if the website does not exist or is taken down. Is this suppose to happen? submitted by /u/WigglyWastebin [link] [comments]...
  9. microsoft edge will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser "This app can't open"

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Browser "This app can't open": Hi, When I try to open Microsoft Edge browser I get an error message saying "This app can't open A problem with windows is preventing Microsoft Edge from opening. Refreshing your PC might help fix it". Also if I try to open a .HTML file I get the same error but when I...