Windows 10: i can't open the system settings

Discus and support i can't open the system settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem in the windows 10 settings :the settings screen crashes everytime I click on the system category.I can click on everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HuonMathieu, Jun 4, 2021.

1. i can't open the system settings

Hello, I have a problem in the windows 10 settings :the settings screen crashes everytime I click on the system category.I can click on everything except on system settings or it makes the settings crashing..Thank you.

:)

HuonMathieu, Jun 4, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 4, 2021
  4. i can't open the system settings

Unable to open Settings and Magnifier.

Hi Hans,

Did you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?

What exactly are you referring to ''the title appears on the bottom bar but will not open''?

Did you check for any pending updates? If not, follow the below steps to update the Windows.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

You can also go to the Settings by pressing the windows
    key+ R. You may try to open the Settings with this shortcut and see if the options can be seen.

If the above suggestions doesn’t help, you may run the
    system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue still persist.

Follow the below steps to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box on the task bar and then press
      Enter.

• Select Troubleshooting from the list.

• Click on view all in the left pan and select
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope you can open the Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

i can't open the system settings

1. i can't open the system settings - Similar Threads - can't open system

2. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  3. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  4. I can't open quick setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open quick setting: These past few weeks, I can't open quick setting and calendar/notification, even with shortcuts.I've tried several solutions from YouTube, but still unable to solve it.When I hover my cursor above them, it still shows the status. But, it won't open no matter how many times...
  5. I can't open quick setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open quick setting: These past few weeks, I can't open quick setting and calendar/notification, even with shortcuts.I've tried several solutions from YouTube, but still unable to solve it.When I hover my cursor above them, it still shows the status. But, it won't open no matter how many times...
  6. Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!: Hello I can't open any settings from windows search, for example when I search and open mouse settings, I get an error that says "The app does not have an app associated with it...". Does anyone have any idea why it's not working? how can I reset these shortcuts? Please check...
  7. I can't open any Settings

I can't open any Settings: I installed an update today through the settings. After the required restart, I tried opening the settings app as I normally do to check on all my devices' settings. But it would open and immediately close without warning or error code. I tried opening it through the Command...
  8. I can't open the settings at all

I can't open the settings at all: Hello,everytime i try to do that i get the error message: File system error(-2144927439),i tried restarting the pc but it doesn't help at all,i also tried resetting my pc but it doesn't work,i get the message:There was a problem resetting your pc,is there anything i can do?if...
  9. Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10: I can't open the Display settings or System Settings on my laptop. Upon clicking in the button, the program seems to open but it suddenly quits. Fixes I already tried: - Reset the Setting App - Uninstall all monitor, graphic devices and reinstalled new drivers - Create...
  10. I can't open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open settings: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings/7727bd00-439f-496e-87e4-f39a8eddcf08