Windows 10: I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.

Discus and support I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey. On one of my computers after doing a reset I can´t start up the windows menu, settings or internet explorer. When i did a sfc scan it gave me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlCederqvist, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.

Hey. On one of my computers after doing a reset I can´t start up the windows menu, settings or internet explorer. When i did a sfc scan it gave me nothing but when i looked in the logg program for windows i found this.

Loggnamn: Application
    Källa: Application Error
    Datum: 2018-10-16 10:37:17
    Händelse-ID: 1000
    AktivitetskategoriI can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10. :(100)
    Nivå: Fel
    Nyckelord: Klassiskt
    Användare: Saknas
    Dator: DESKTOP-VGSVM51
    Beskrivning:
    Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: SearchUI.exe, version 10.0.17134.345, tidsstämpel 0x5ba317ce
    , felet uppstod i modulen med namn: SearchUI.exe, version 10.0.17134.345, tidsstämpel 0x5ba317ce
    Undantagskod: 0xc0000005
    Felförskjutning: 0x0000000000078112
    Process-ID: 0x159c
    Programmets starttid: 0x01d4652b71fb81eb
    Sökväg till program: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    Sökväg till modul: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    Rapport-ID: 1ee0b2ed-31ec-46c9-b2f8-1e08c96734ee
    Fullständigt namn på felaktigt paket: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.8.12.15063_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Program-ID relativt till felaktigt paket: CortanaUI
    Händelsens XML-data:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-16T08:37:17.361750900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1755</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-VGSVM51</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>SearchUI.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.17134.345</Data>
    <Data>5ba317ce</Data>
    <Data>SearchUI.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.17134.345</Data>
    <Data>5ba317ce</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000000000078112</Data>
    <Data>159c</Data>
    <Data>01d4652b71fb81eb</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe</Data>
    <Data>1ee0b2ed-31ec-46c9-b2f8-1e08c96734ee</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.8.12.15063_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data>
    <Data>CortanaUI</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

happy for any help i can get.

:)

CarlCederqvist, Oct 16, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.

Jetster, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.

1. I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - can´t open menu

2. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  3. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  4. Unable to open setting and windows start menu

Unable to open setting and windows start menu: For a while I have an issue were setting crash immiedietly after trying to open it in any way and start menu is unresponsive as well as whole taskbar shows text if I hover over icons but clicking on it does not work.When I RMB on desktop to access display settings I get...
  5. Start menu and more won´t open

Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  6. Start menu and more won´t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!: My cousin has an Asus G14 Laptop, the one with a ryzen 9 and an rtx 2060. I'm trying to fix it with all the top results on YouTube and chrome relating to "windows 10 Start Menu won't open", but none of them are working. My cousin said the last thing he remembers doing before...
  8. I can;t open settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can;t open settings on Windows 10: I can't open Setting on Windows 10. I am trying to access my photos which won't open either. Was suggested I change settings, but first I need to be able to get into Settings, What has gone wrong?...
  9. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.: Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried restarting the computer, SFC /scannow on PowerShell, and restarting explorer.exe. They sometimes provide temporary fixes but...
  10. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...