Windows 10: i cant open urls from most places

Discus and support i cant open urls from most places in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, I cannot open URL links from anywhere in windows. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anserq, Mar 1, 2020.

1. anserq Win User

i cant open urls from most places

hi,

I cannot open URL links from anywhere in windows.

Please help.

:)

anserq, Mar 1, 2020
  2. entropy13 Win User

URL Stripper

LOL, no it isn't. That's why you edited your post. *Laugh :laugh:

And that's why I'm wondering how Ford got that url in the first place, since the simpler steps in getting the pdf doesn't produce that url.

Edit: Ah, he used the Google Search in some other website LOL.

entropy13, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. i cant open urls from most places :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

URL change

No, I can't. I have just followed the steps you described and the URL did not change. Win10 Pro, 1809, Firefox.

I suggest you try deleting that bad shortcut and creating a new shortcut directly on the Desktop.

Bree, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. i cant open urls from most places - Similar Threads - cant open urls

2. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    url is on my desktop and i cant remove it: hii was on windows and i am not sure how i was reading from a page for 3d software and i think what happen was i had to many tabs open one got dragged in back of the other tabs and ended up on my desk top Internet Shortcut .URL i can move it all over the screen and cant...
  3. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    url is on my desktop and i cant remove it: hii was on windows and i am not sure how i was reading from a page for 3d software and i think what happen was i had to many tabs open one got dragged in back of the other tabs and ended up on my desk top Internet Shortcut .URL i can move it all over the screen and cant...
  4. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  6. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  7. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs jsut wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blacnk screen with little dots running across the top. After thta I...
  8. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  9. URL shortcut - open with

URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  10. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...