Windows 10: I can't open windows security center.

Discus and support I can't open windows security center. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows security center is not working. My windows is also misbehaving. My PC Health check Was also blocked. I downloaded it some how from internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Student_904, Jun 8, 2023.

1. I can't open windows security center.

My windows security center is not working. My windows is also misbehaving. My PC Health check Was also blocked. I downloaded it some how from internet and tried to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 but it says that my processor doesn't support it but it supports it completely. I have checked it "Processor IntelR CoreTM m3-7Y30 CPU @ 1.00GHz, 1608 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors"it supports windows I think a virus is causing all this and there is no Antivirus to scan my system. Kindly see through my issue.The message says {Windows security center cannot be opened}.

:)

Student_904, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Law-II Win User

I can't open windows security center.

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

I can't open windows security center.

1. I can't open windows security center. - Similar Threads - can't open security

2. Can't find any Security Center in services.msc to the problem Windows Security Center can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find any Security Center in services.msc to the problem Windows Security Center can't...: I cant find any Security Center in services.msc to the problem Windows Security Center can't be started on Windows 10 ProAlso tried serching through command prompt, but shows me thisMicrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2194] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  3. I can't open windows security center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open windows security center.: My windows security center is not working. My windows is also misbehaving. My PC Health check Was also blocked. I downloaded it some how from internet and tried to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 but it says that my processor doesn't support it but it supports it...
  4. I can't open windows security center.

I can't open windows security center.: My windows security center is not working. My windows is also misbehaving. My PC Health check Was also blocked. I downloaded it some how from internet and tried to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 but it says that my processor doesn't support it but it supports it...
  5. Windows security center not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security center not opening: Hello Microsoft ! I came here after playing all of my cards. I applied all the available information about my problem, none of them worked. My windows security center is not opening. When i open it from “services” to change the “start type” all the options are unavailable....
  6. Windows security center not opening

Windows security center not opening: Hello Microsoft ! I came here after playing all of my cards. I applied all the available information about my problem, none of them worked. My windows security center is not opening. When i open it from “services” to change the “start type” all the options are unavailable....
  7. Windows security center not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender

I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender: Hi team, hi mates I have a problem. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender. Windows Firewall, at first, is ok. Three days ago I formatted my computer and I install Windows Enterprise 10. Everything is fine but, suddenly, I lost the control of the computer. The...
  9. Can't open 'Windows Security Center'

Can't open 'Windows Security Center': I recently got a new computer and everything is working smoothly. My only issue is that I can't open windows security center. It shows that WSC is running and working, I'm just unable to actually open the application. From similar issues posted here I have: Checked for...
  10. Windows Security Center crashes on opening

Windows Security Center crashes on opening: Hello, I have a PC running windows 10 version 1909. And for some time now the security center isn't working properly. Every time I try to open security center or Windows Defender it tries to open a window and then immediately it closes again. I have tried sfc...