Windows 10: I can't password protect files.

Discus and support I can't password protect files. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I get to advanced options, my computer won't allow me the option to password protect files.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mfgs01, Nov 17, 2020.

1. mfgs01 Win User

I can't password protect files.

When I get to advanced options, my computer won't allow me the option to password protect files.

:)

mfgs01, Nov 17, 2020

2. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Nov 17, 2020
  3. OneMrEd Win User
    Unable to open a password protected Excel file

I just got a HTC 8X phone and when I try to open a password protected Excel file instead of prompting me for the password I just get a message that says, "Can't open. Password-protected files can't be opened". Any suggesting for working with password protected
    files on WP8?

***Moderator's note: Moved to the most appropriate category.***

OneMrEd, Nov 17, 2020
  4. I can't password protect files.

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

I can't password protect files.

1. I can't password protect files. - Similar Threads - can't password protect

2. opening a password protected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a password protected file: Hi all, Well, this is something I haven't encountered before, and I'm having problems with it. I sent myself a newspaper from the news service for the blind I use, and it came in a password protected Zip file. When I try to extract the file, a dialog pops up asking for the...
  3. opening a password protected file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening a password protected file: Hi all, Well, this is something I haven't encountered before, and I'm having problems with it. I sent myself a newspaper from the news service for the blind I use, and it came in a password protected Zip file. When I try to extract the file, a dialog pops up asking for the...
  4. opening a password protected file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  6. Password Protected ZIP Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protected ZIP Files: I have some password protected ZIP files. When I open them the first time I have to enter the password. However, if it has been opened and closed, it does not ask for a password when I open it again. That is unacceptable to me. There is a reason why I have passwords on these...
  7. Password-protected files

Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  8. Password protect files/folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password protect files/folders?: Anyone know how to password protect a file or a folder on windows 10? I followed some directions online to "encrypt" a folder, however that doesn't allow a password to be set, and I can open and view that folder without issue. I just want a password on something so if...
  9. password protected files that i dont remember creating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    password protected files that i dont remember creating: hey, recently i ran a scan with my antivirus (bitdefender) and found out that it couldnt scan some files because they are password protected, the thing is that i dont remember ever password protecting any of those files (or directly interacting with them in any way) the files...
  10. password protecting mp4 files

password protecting mp4 files: Can I password-protect an .mp4 file in WIN 10? If not, where can I find a trusted app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protecting-mp4-files/6ba23ad1-2f26-4801-92cf-efb820dfa0ef"