Windows 10: I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

Discus and support I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; play cds or dvds on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChaimBuxbaum, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

play cds or dvds on Windows 10

:)

ChaimBuxbaum, Sep 16, 2020
  2. AnneRyan2 Win User

playing cd and dvd

I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10.

Any suggestions?

AnneRyan2, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

Unable to play from CD/DVD in Windows 10.

Hi Louis,

To assist you better, let us know the following information.

• What is the exact model of your HP laptop?

• When you say “cannot play any CD/DVD” what exactly happens when you try to play?

• Do you get any error messages or error codes?

• Are you able to see CD/DVD drive in file explorer?

For now, I suggest you to update the CD/DVD drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Right-click on the drive and click on Update driver software and follow the on screen instructions.

• Restart the laptop after updating the driver.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

1. I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't play cds

2. Can't play enhanced CDs - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play enhanced CDs - Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10 and can't get an enhanced CD to play. I went to the Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - CDs and tried all options: Play audio CDs Windows Media Player; Take no action; Open folder to view files File Explorer; Ask me every time and Run enhanced...
  3. DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, DVDs specifically won't even come up as being in the drive/I can't play them even with third party programs. CDs will come up just fine and so will install disks, it's just DVDs for some reason. Is there any way to possibly fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!: So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3...
  5. Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10

Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10: Hi guys, I need some help. I have a few CDs and DVDs that contains both video and media files that I burned a few years ago using a software on Windows 7, now I'm trying to play them on Windows 10 and nothing happens. I can play any other Original CDs and DVDs on my...
  6. Can't play DVDs

Can't play DVDs: I have a Dell Inspiron 3670/Windows 10 desktop computer. I cannot play DVDs with the Windows Media Player. No problem playing CDs. I don't get any error message. There is a small arrow at the bottom of the page with the message "retrieving media info" but the DVD never...
  7. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  8. Can't play old DVDs

Can't play old DVDs: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 3671 with Win 10. I tried using the DVD player, but the spindle hole is too small for my discs. What am I doing wrong? I would like to play/record on discs I have on hand....
  9. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  10. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs: I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but it worked fine on my old HP laptop with Windows XP. Each time I try to start CD or DVD the pop-up shows up with a message...