Windows 10: I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

Discus and support I can’t play games after i updated my drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can’t play games after updating my drivers. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series whenever i update it my screen stretches and i can’t play games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Poopoofart334, Feb 9, 2023.

1. I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

I can’t play games after updating my drivers. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series whenever i update it my screen stretches and i can’t play games because it always lags and crashes and whenever i go back to my old drivers i can play games but my screen always glitches and restarts it self. What is the solution of this issue

:)

Poopoofart334, Feb 9, 2023

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Mary Sau Win User

I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

1. I can’t play games after i updated my drivers - Similar Threads - can’t play games

2. I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t play games after i updated my drivers: I can’t play games after updating my drivers. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series whenever i update it my screen stretches and i can’t play games because it always lags and crashes and whenever i go back to my old drivers i can play games but my screen always glitches and...
  3. I can’t play games after i updated my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can’t play games after i updated my drivers: I can’t play games after updating my drivers. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series whenever i update it my screen stretches and i can’t play games because it always lags and crashes and whenever i go back to my old drivers i can play games but my screen always glitches and...
  4. I can’t play some online games

I can’t play some online games: I try to play some online games but a message pops up that I have to change strings to play online but I don’t know what to do. It is a kids account but it’s changed to allow 18+ content * Moved from Community Center...
  5. I can’t play some online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t play some online games: I try to play some online games but a message pops up that I have to change strings to play online but I don’t know what to do. It is a kids account but it’s changed to allow 18+ content * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Why can’t I play my bought Xbox games on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I play my bought Xbox games on my PC?: Why can’t I play the hundreds of Microsoft store bought games on my PC? They are bought from the same store. Why do I have to buy it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-my-bought-xbox-games-on-my-pc/b72a9c28-2ee5-49ca-b6e4-23d6a8a78122
  7. Why can’t I play my bought Xbox games on my PC?

Why can’t I play my bought Xbox games on my PC?: Why can’t I play the hundreds of Microsoft store bought games on my PC? They are bought from the same store. Why do I have to buy it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-my-bought-xbox-games-on-my-pc/b72a9c28-2ee5-49ca-b6e4-23d6a8a78122
  8. I can’t play online video games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can’t play online video games: Hello, About a year ago I got a MSI GF65 Laptop. I been using it and it was great! I resetted the laptop couple of hours ago and then whenever I go to open an online game like Call of Duty/Fortnite/... My game just crashes and says it’s a network problem but my laptop is...
  9. I can’t delete the driver software for my driver

I can’t delete the driver software for my driver: I'm having trouble connecting to my vpn so I think my wireless adapter drivers are corrupt. I've had this problem before on a previous laptop, and reinstalling the wireless adapters drivers helped, provided the driver was deleted from the computer and the latest version from...
  10. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...