Windows 10: I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

Discus and support I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I play games in my computer but I can't play the with the full resolution in the monitor.I played Asterix and Obelix XXL,NFS underground 1 & 2 but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blank Resistence 85, Aug 31, 2020.

1. I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

I play games in my computer but I can't play the with the full resolution in the monitor.I played Asterix and Obelix XXL,NFS underground 1 & 2 but when I go to options the maximum resolution is 1024x768.

Monitor resolution is 1366x768.

How do I solve this problem

:)

Blank Resistence 85, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 game DVR has high contrast.

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are signed into an Xbox account in Windows 10 you can stop Xbox DVR from running by opening the Xbox app.

I recommend you to follow the methods given below.

Method 1:

• I suggest you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

Refer to this
      Link
      , to update the drivers.

Method 2:

• Open Settings
    • Click on Gaming
    • Click on Game DVR
    • Under the “Recorded audio,” use
      Audio quality drop-down and select 192kbps
    • Under “Recorded Video,” select the
      60FPS Option
    • On “Video quality” select
      High

Once you complete the steps, Game DVR will record game in at 60 FPS with up yo 1080p resolution depending on the game.

Hope it helps.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Aug 31, 2020
  3. cr3stc3nt Win User
    Using High Resolution on Game using lower monitor resolution on notebook ASUS

I'm playing a game and using GeDoSato game profile that can add custom render resolution that is not on this game. For example, the max resolution is 1366 x 768 on that game.

By using GeDoSato, I can render resolution, for example 3200 x 1800 so I can play using that resolution.

The problem is on GeDoSato we can downsampling it or show it with 3200 x 1800 resolution but its over limit the monitor so what I see is half of display.
    What I want is how to settings it so if I'm using 3200 x 1800 display on 1366 x 768 monitor, it not showing half display.

But showing 3200 x 1800 on a 1366 x 768 monitor is by shrunken display or make it smaller than normal. So what I mean is 3200 x 1800 resolution is FIT on 1366 x 768 without downsampling.

Because I already had an old monitor, that monitor maximum resolution is 800 x 600 as far as I remember. But my graphic resolution until 1024 x 768. I tried setting the resolution graphic into 1024 x 768. So it means over the maximum resolution monitor.

It's working, but with smaller text, picture.

That is what I want. Using High Resolution than maximum monitor and the display is FIT but smaller.

Can someone help me? How to set it?

I'm using notebook ASUS with specification:

1. OS: Windows 10
    2. Display Adapter: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    3. VGA : Nvidia GeForce 930M
    4. Max Resolution on my notebook: 1366 x 768
    5. ASUS
    6. Type : A456URK -> A456UR is okay A456URK is newer hardware

Note: what resolution I change is on the game. So when I play the game, I'm using Nvidia GeForce 930M. Intel is only for displaying others than the game.
    Please help me how to show high resolution display on monitor with lower resolution than display example: monitor 1366x768. But I want show 3200 x 1800 display on the game without cut off or only show half. But the display is more shrunken / smaller but FIT without downsampling.

cr3stc3nt, Aug 31, 2020
  4. I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

1. I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't play games

2. Lower resolution games playing in small window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower resolution games playing in small window?: I was trying to play a game at a lower resolution than is my screens normal resolution 1080p instead of 3072 x 1920 and the game made my entire laptop screen into a small window that only took up a a little over a quarter of the screen, with the game playing in an even...
  3. Lower resolution games playing in small window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower resolution games playing in small window?: I was trying to play a game at a lower resolution than is my screens normal resolution 1080p instead of 3072 x 1920 and the game made my entire laptop screen into a small window that only took up a a little over a quarter of the screen, with the game playing in an even...
  4. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video: Product details :Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ITL6Intel core i5 11th gen 2.4GHzI formatted the system and facing the lagging of the windows 10 OS. It runs very slow especially after playing a video on Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc. Can this be an issue of inadequate drivers? I checked the...
  5. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video: Product details :Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ITL6Intel core i5 11th gen 2.4GHzI formatted the system and facing the lagging of the windows 10 OS. It runs very slow especially after playing a video on Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc. Can this be an issue of inadequate drivers? I checked the...
  6. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't play a game on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  8. Can't play a game on windows

Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  9. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  10. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....