Windows 10: I can't play my CD

Discus and support I can't play my CD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything was fine until I turned off my PC and when I used it again my CD won't play. I need help to fix this issue. urgent I need to play some CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hannah1284, Oct 28, 2018.

1. I can't play my CD

Everything was fine until I turned off my PC and when I used it again my CD won't play. I need help to fix this issue. urgent I need to play some CD

:)

Hannah1284, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      I can't play my CD 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 28, 2018
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Ji-M Win User

I can't play my CD

CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

Thema:

I can't play my CD

1. I can't play my CD - Similar Threads - can't play

2. why can't I play with my friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried updating my Minecraft, but it doesn't need an update. and my friend doesn't need to...
  3. why can't I play with my friend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried updating my Minecraft, but it doesn't need an update. and my friend doesn't need to...
  4. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  5. Can't play some .MOV videos

Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  6. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  7. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  8. I can't play online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play online: Why ? I can't play online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-online/81bf58bc-bf41-42dd-8bd5-307ed91e602e
  9. I can't play online

I can't play online: Why ? I can't play online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-online/81bf58bc-bf41-42dd-8bd5-307ed91e602e
  10. microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2: when and how we can fix it? it's exist since 4 or 5 years ago on win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-chinese-input-method-cant-display/73f64117-86f2-473b-abf1-238d7b1ebeac