Windows 10: I can’t play online video games

Discus and support I can’t play online video games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, About a year ago I got a MSI GF65 Laptop. I been using it and it was great! I resetted the laptop couple of hours ago and then whenever I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZaidShaltaf1, Apr 12, 2021.

1. I can’t play online video games

Hello,

About a year ago I got a MSI GF65 Laptop. I been using it and it was great! I resetted the laptop couple of hours ago and then whenever I go to open an online game like Call of Duty/Fortnite/... My game just crashes and says it’s a network problem but my laptop is fully connected to an internet, If I use a personal hotspot it works fine! But Wifi doesn’t. Does anyone know what could have changed after I resetted my pc that caused me to stop playing online games ?

Thanks!

:)

ZaidShaltaf1, Apr 12, 2021

2. losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Mary Sau Win User

I can’t play online video games

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

I can’t play online video games

1. I can’t play online video games - Similar Threads - can’t play online

2. I can’t play some online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t play some online games: I try to play some online games but a message pops up that I have to change strings to play online but I don’t know what to do. It is a kids account but it’s changed to allow 18+ content * Moved from Community Center...
  3. I can’t play some online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t play some online games: I try to play some online games but a message pops up that I have to change strings to play online but I don’t know what to do. It is a kids account but it’s changed to allow 18+ content * Moved from Community Center...
  4. I can not play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not play online games: My internet is working perfectly fine. I can go on websites just fine. I can watch YouTube I can even play stuff like cool math games. The problem is when i try to play a game through stuff like steam and epic games it won't connect to online. For example if I wanna play...
  5. Not able to play online games

Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  6. I played online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I played online games: online games until I accidently hit PLAY OFFLINE GAMES and now I cant get back to play games online with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-played-online-games/955e6f3b-0785-4d46-b28d-082a1140a3bb
  7. Can not play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  8. Can not play online games

Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  9. Can not play online games

10. Can not play online games