Windows 10: I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store

Discus and support I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just started a 14-day Game Pass free trial and have downloaded 3 games to my PC (Super Lucky's Tale, Snake Pass and Rush). They will all launch but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ed_155, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Ed_155 Win User

I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store

I just started a 14-day Game Pass free trial and have downloaded 3 games to my PC (Super Lucky's Tale, Snake Pass and Rush). They will all launch but no button presses register in the game so I can't get past the splash screen on any game.

Nothing at all happens on Rush and Lucky, but on Snake Pass it does sort-of register a button press as when I hit a keyboard button, a message saying 'press Enter to start' appears, but hitting enter does nothing except it plays a kind of negative sound, like eh-ah (like it's saying, no, we can't start). And when I press a button on my controller, a message saying 'press A to start' appears, but pressing A (on the controller) does nothing except give the negative sound again.

What is going wrong here please?

:)

Ed_155, Nov 18, 2018

2. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Nov 18, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how can i download games from play store

Hi Arman

Do you mean the Play Store or the Microsoft Store?

The Play Store only provides Android games, which cannot run on Windows, unless you install an Android Emulator like BlueStacks

To download games form the Microsoft Store, you should just need to sign in with your Microsoft Account to download free games or purchase paid for games, are you getting an error when you try to do that?

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2018
  4. I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store

microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store

1. I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - can't play games

2. I can't download microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download microsoft store: I just got a new pc with windows 11. Everything works great except I can't download any apps from microsoft. The computer didn't even have the store downloaded so I tried to download online and nothing happens when I click the link....
  3. I can't download microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download microsoft store: I just got a new pc with windows 11. Everything works great except I can't download any apps from microsoft. The computer didn't even have the store downloaded so I tried to download online and nothing happens when I click the link....
  4. I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store: It says "windows could not access the path or file on the specified device you may not have the required permissions to access the item" for every game that i try to open No Man's Sky, Overcooked 2, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 5, exc.. I tryed everything that i could...
  5. I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store: It says "windows could not access the path or file on the specified device you may not have the required permissions to access the item" for every game that i try to open No Man's Sky, Overcooked 2, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 5, exc.. I tryed everything that i could...
  6. I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store: Every time I tried to download any game I got a message: "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80190001". Then I tried to download other apps but got the same message....
  7. I can't download games from microsoft store anymore.

I can't download games from microsoft store anymore.: I bought the game pass yesterday and downloaded 2 games. Today i found out that with the game pass ultimate i could download some other games that i wanted so i cancelled my subscription, asked for a refund and bought the game pass ultimate. When i tried to download a game i...
  8. Can't download anything form Microsoft Store

Can't download anything form Microsoft Store: Today I bought Minecraft for WIndows 10. I created Microsoft Account and tried to download it. But it didn't work. The Install button isn't working. I tried reseting MS, using PowerShell and restarting computer, but nothing worked. I dont know what to do. Please help! I want...
  9. Microsoft Store-Can't download game

Microsoft Store-Can't download game: I can't download state of decay 2 I been trying 4h to download last 1gb of game and crashes starts to happend.When i click on install and select where to install it stuck.When i can download that 14gb of game i have 20 times problem with speed (my was so good) It goes to 150...
  10. Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store: I just downloaded Wolfenstein 2 : The new Colossus through the Microsoft Store and whenever the game opens every keyboard input stops working in the game, some time later the game tells me to press the ENTER key to continue but it doesn't work, i even connected my Xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i play g5 games i have downloaded

2. downloaded halo and wont play

3. cant play halo microsoft accout error

4. why cant i play mcc form microsoft store?,
  5. why cant i play halo on the windows store,
  6. cant pl;ay games on mictorft store,
  7. cant play games downloaded by windows store,
  8. windows store downloaded game but cant play,
  9. downloaded games from play store wont load,
  10. WHY CANT i PLAY GAMES FROM MICROSOFT STORE WHEN DOWNLOADED,
  11. games from microsoft store are installed but wont play,
  12. I just downloaded a Game from the Microsoft Play store and It wont Play? I get a Error Message saying Fatal Error What does that Mean?,
  13. games wont play from microsoft store,
  14. I have installed Halo from microsoft store and i cant play it why is that,
  15. cant play or download games from microsoft store