Windows 10: I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it

Discus and support I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm playing a game and I press s and d to aim at an angle and H Which is my weapon throw key to throw yet nothing happens. I looked it up and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LathanGoodison, Dec 8, 2020.

1. I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it

So I'm playing a game and I press s and d to aim at an angle and H Which is my weapon throw key to throw yet nothing happens. I looked it up and it might have to do with the driver can someone help?

Thanks!

:)

LathanGoodison, Dec 8, 2020

2. When pressing a 3 it comes up as a t

I went to remap it in the registry as the numpad 3 with no luck... So i checked the mapping in the registry and pressing the 3 is acknowledged as pressing the t, which makes me believe its a hardware fault.

Unless there are any other suggestions?

Michael_502, Dec 8, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 8, 2020
  4. I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it

Cant press and hold keys

Hi Hamish,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you using a Desktop Computer or a Laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific to any functionalities?
    • Have you updated the latest keyboard driver?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Keyboard driver.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click on the Keyboard driver and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the keyboard drivers.

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click the keyboard driver and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install the latest keyboard driver in a compatibility mode and check if it works.Follow the steps below:

a. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it

1. I can't press more than 3 keys at once without the computer ignoring it - Similar Threads - can't press more

2. Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...: This happens when i press 3 or more keys, so lets say i want to press F,G,H at the same time. It would register F,G, but wouldnt register H. No this isnt toggle or filter keys. This isnt sticky keys either. I once followed a tutorial that worked and it involved turning off...
  3. Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...: This happens when i press 3 or more keys, so lets say i want to press F,G,H at the same time. It would register F,G, but wouldnt register H. No this isnt toggle or filter keys. This isnt sticky keys either. I once followed a tutorial that worked and it involved turning off...
  4. How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once: It is required at an age of multitasking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-showand-operate-more-than-3-windows-at-once/0b6c5b00-a242-42c0-9fd8-f4091943e9fc
  5. How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once: It is required at an age of multitasking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-showand-operate-more-than-3-windows-at-once/0b6c5b00-a242-42c0-9fd8-f4091943e9fc
  6. Laptop ignores key presses if more than 2 keys are pressed at once

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop ignores key presses if more than 2 keys are pressed at once: Hi. As the title says, my laptop ignores a key input if 2 other keys are also pressed. For example, when typing, I could hit S, U, then P, and, my device will send out a small, low pitched beep, and 99% of the time ignore the input. I don't have Stitcky Keys, Toggle Keys, or...
  7. Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?: If I want to reinstall my Windows 10 Pro, do I have to buy Windows again or can I use the previous key? Kann ich einen Windows 10 Key mehrmals verwenden?
  8. Cannot use media keys more than once at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use media keys more than once at a time: Hey, It worked on my previous laptop, but no longer on my new one. When I use fn + down arrow key it pauses the song on spotify. But if I want to resume the song, I need to release the keys then use fn + down again, I can't just press fn then pressing down arrow key to...
  9. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  10. Pressing multiple keys at once

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing multiple keys at once: Hi, I've had this problem since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10: When I play a game, like Team Fortress 2, I use Z, Q, S and D to run. However, when I press multiple buttons at once, like Z and D to run forward and to the right, the problem occurs (also when I'm not...