Windows 10: I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly

Discus and support I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes my start button on my windows 10 could not work, I could not even press my start button. Then I have tried shutting down my Laptop and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Imanuddin Sholich, Jan 15, 2019.

1. I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly

Sometimes my start button on my windows 10 could not work, I could not even press my start button. Then I have tried shutting down my Laptop and it could not shut down. Therefore, I would force to press my power button to shut it down. Anyone can help me fix this problem?

:)

Imanuddin Sholich, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Shutdown is not properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Now a days am facing new type of problem in Windows 10.

Shutdown is not properly done or taking too much time to getting shutdown on my laptop.

Sometimes required forcefully by Switch off button of laptop.

Pl. help me for overcoming that situation.

T&R

Krishanu Dutta

KrishanuDutta, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Catper Win User

I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly

1. I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly - Similar Threads - can't press start

2. My pc started giving me livekernelevents after pressing power button not shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc started giving me livekernelevents after pressing power button not shutdown: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: abParameter 1: 1Parameter 2: b0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 1OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  3. My pc started giving me livekernelevents after pressing power button not shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc started giving me livekernelevents after pressing power button not shutdown: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: abParameter 1: 1Parameter 2: b0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 1OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  4. My pc started giving me livekernelevents after pressing power button not shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What button I need to press to start my Bois?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What button I need to press to start my Bois?: Doesn't say on the screen what button to press to get the biosToshiba satellite P75-A7200Part # PSPLNU-00H004SERIAL#5D120535C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-button-i-need-to-press-to-start-my-bois/87331a86-afde-434a-9804-9eac47e3e644
  6. Start button not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working properly: My start button no longer displays the list of applications, settings, shut down etc. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-properly/e9837339-8a6f-4483-8cce-2ac4a0894f2a
  7. Can't continuously press buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't continuously press buttons: I have an hp pavilion gaming laptop. Yesterday, when I went to play a game I tried to continuously press w to go forward from a usb keyboard but it would just go A little bit forward and stop. Can you please help?...
  8. cant press install button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant press install button: i cant press install button i already reset and in trouble shoot it say nothing wrong [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-press-install-button/e855d9bf-22d2-4ee0-99f3-93c98e1f36f2
  9. The Shutdown button in Start not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  10. Start Button not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button not working properly: All of a sudden my start button will not respond to the left click. Right click works normally. This seems to be the only problem in the task bar. Any suggestions? Is there a win 10 repair disk available? I have just discovered that there are no restore points! What to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant press windows button in windows 10

2. cant use start button on laptop