Windows 10: I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10

Discus and support I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10 . Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Packedlunchman, Jan 2, 2019.

1. I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10

I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10 . Any ideas?

:)

Packedlunchman, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Bilo Win User

I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Bilo, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10

1. I can't preview photo thumbnails in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't preview photo

2. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: Hello.Im looking for some help here, because hours of googling have not revealed the answer.Nothing I have done has disable the absolutely useless and garbage interfering "feature" taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10. Before someone jumps in to extol the virtues of how...
  3. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: Hello.Im looking for some help here, because hours of googling have not revealed the answer.Nothing I have done has disable the absolutely useless and garbage interfering "feature" taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10. Before someone jumps in to extol the virtues of how...
  4. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: refer to:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-in/1526f2f8-e29b-4a1c-8293-7b2d9e542abcnone of the replies works on Windows 10 20H2 now.Is there a way working for Windows 10 20H2 ?...
  6. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn off taskbar thumbnail previews.There are dozens of forums and questions trying to do so, even about a dozen on this site alone, but none of them work anymore. I'll just aggregate all of the options I've found and attempted:- gpedit.msc -> User Configuration...
  7. Thumbnail Preview Windows 10

Thumbnail Preview Windows 10: I've tried all the recommendation posts here on how to get photo thumbnails to show in folders rather than a generic photo icon, but nothing works or the path recommendation does not exist on my pc. I get a generic photo icon. I want a thumbnail of the photo....
  8. Windows 10 thumbnail previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thumbnail previews: I have a strange issue, and I've seen a few posts sort of related to my issue, but nothing exactly like it. My issue is with the thumbnail previews for my .mp4 files, and my .mp3 files, but not my pictures. I correctly tag all my media whether it be video or music, and...
  9. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I've unchecked Enable Peek under Performance Options Visual Effects. But I still see thumbnails of my applications when I hover over them on the taskbar. How do I turn this off?...
  10. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10: basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as...