Windows 10: I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ...

Discus and support I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop straight off the shelf about 3 years ago that came with Windows 10. It worked great for about a year and a half, then suddenly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by maerynskye66, Oct 10, 2019.

1. I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ...

I bought a new laptop straight off the shelf about 3 years ago that came with Windows 10. It worked great for about a year and a half, then suddenly, after an "update" I couldn't do anything with it. I did the troubleshooting and it told me that I was running Windows 10 PRO on a computer only authorized for Windows 10 (the home version). I've never owned, bought or even looked at Pro and I'm the only one that uses my laptop, so I know I didn't install it nor did anyone else. It had to have happened when the update ran.

My problem is now I can't use Windows for anything because I can't activate it. The only product key that I can find is for the Pro version. I can't afford to go out and buy Windows 10 to reinstall it, and I don't really see why I should have to even if I could afford it. This was Microsoft's mistake. So my question is this - I have all my files that I want to keep saved to a thumb drive. Is there a way that I can do a "restore factory settings" on my laptop? Or would that even solve the problem?

:)

maerynskye66, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ...

1. I can't re-activate Windows because it thinks I have 10 Pro ... - Similar Threads - can't activate thinks

2. So i have not activated windows in my pc and i was thinking of buying a pro key. Will i be...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    So i have not activated windows in my pc and i was thinking of buying a pro key. Will i be...: I bought my pc 1 year ago and didnt activate windows yet. I want to buy a windows 10 pro key. I havent activated the home version and im still rocking it. Will i be able to switch from a non activated windows 10 home to pro by just entering the pro key or not ?...
  3. So i have not activated windows in my pc and i was thinking of buying a pro key. Will i be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i have not activated windows in my pc and i was thinking of buying a pro key. Will i be...: I bought my pc 1 year ago and didnt activate windows yet. I want to buy a windows 10 pro key. I havent activated the home version and im still rocking it. Will i be able to switch from a non activated windows 10 home to pro by just entering the pro key or not ?...
  4. So i have not activated windows in my pc and i was thinking of buying a pro key. Will i be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't activate Windows 10 Pro

I can't activate Windows 10 Pro: Two days before, my PC using Windows 10 Pro suddenly became inactivated without warnings of any kind. It says: "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and then try again. Error code: 0x80070002" Of course, my...
  6. Can't re-activate Windows 10

Can't re-activate Windows 10: So previously I had an activated Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system on my computer, but unfortunately I had to buy a new network card, because the previous one broke. After the change, Windows told me to activate Windows. I knew that my Microsoft account was connected to...
  7. Can't login to Windows 10 Pro because I don't have an Internet connection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to Windows 10 Pro because I don't have an Internet connection: I have been using both my desktop (Windows 10) and notebook (Windows 10 pro) this weekend. My notebook I take to work that's why it is pro. Today I tried to log into the notebook with my password. It rejected my login saying it could not detect an Internet connection. I don't...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation

Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation: Not a fan of microsoft I one when my MacBook Pro was stolen, which I did off craigslist. Well now This thing is telling me that I need to activate this . Man, this was working fine. What is this, I thought all computers came with every pc today?...
  9. Re activating windows 10 pro

Re activating windows 10 pro: Hi there, I have windows 10 pro on my device and it is deactivated, I entered the product key I have but its not working, I tried the Microsoft store and it has "something bad happen" so, currently I cant use my laptop and all Microsoft applications are stopped working...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Re-activation

Windows 10 Pro Re-activation: product has only been on this PC - I had to swap motherboards and switched SSD but I just bought it less than a month ago - you must be able to check iP address?...