Windows 10: I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem

Discus and support I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 5 pcs on a Lan and i can reach 4 of 5 pc with rdp and ping from local server. But i can't reach 1 pc. From this pc, i can navigate and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luca Pedrazzini, Nov 10, 2020.

1. I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem

Hi,

I have 5 pcs on a Lan and i can reach 4 of 5 pc with rdp and ping from local server.

But i can't reach 1 pc.

From this pc, i can navigate and all everything but if i try to ping this pc with other pc or server, i can't reach it.

I tried to ping other pc from server and i can reach all.

All pc have different ips.

I tried all guide of microsoft but I can't solved the problem, i have no more idea.

:)

Luca Pedrazzini, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Billzden Win User

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Nov 10, 2020
  3. user_zero Win User
    Windows 10 RDP Performance

Thank you for the reply!

My local machine was fine - connected via WIFI.

I ran pings to my work PC and to 8.8.8.8 as a control - didn't drop packets during either test and ping response times were normal (around 30ms).

I've used RDP to connect to my work PC over VPN for several years. When my laptop was running win7, i had no performance problems, but now that I've updated it to win10, the native 10 client seems to be very cumbersome, with no apparent options to tweak
    performance settings.

Today I'm in the office, and I'm composing this reply from within an RDP session on my laptop to my work PC - the performance is better then when i connected across the Internet, but it's still not great.

When connecting from the Internet, RDP is almost unusable.

user_zero, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Billzden Win User

I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

This cannot be the case as I am pinging in the same way from 2 more windows computers without getting the General Failure error

Billzden, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem

1. I can't reach local PC with ping and rdp but he can navigate without problem - Similar Threads - can't reach local

2. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local host site can't be reached: When I try and access localhost on 443 port, I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. I have windows machine with windows edition as Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. My application is hosted on IIS and it has self-signed SSL certificate. I am able to access my application over web using...
  3. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local host site can't be reached: When I try and access localhost on 443 port, I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. I have windows machine with windows edition as Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. My application is hosted on IIS and it has self-signed SSL certificate. I am able to access my application over web using...
  4. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  6. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  7. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  9. "This site can't be reached" problem

"This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  10. RDP left computer without local access

RDP left computer without local access: OK. That's a pretty lame subject line. I'll expand it a bit. I wanted to check a Remote Desktop function so I issued a Lock on my desktop PC, fired up my laptop, got an RDP connection to my PC, did some tests, and issued a Disconnect. All went well, but I couldn't get back...