Windows 10: I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

Discus and support I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WasafBari, Apr 27, 2022.

1. WasafBari Win User

I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through USB. Now that I have installed Windows 11 on this new drive, I can't seem to activate it. I tried clicking Troubleshoot, I tried clicking "I changed hardward on this device recently", I tried signing out and back in, restarting... basically everything and I can't seem to reactivate my Windows 11.Can someone help me with t

:)

WasafBari, Apr 27, 2022
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD :cool:

jmcslob, Apr 27, 2022
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Megahertz Win User

Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

As I understood, a Dell technician will go to your house and replace the MB and the SSD.

You must have to do some homework before he arrives.
    - Make a Disk image of both drives (SSD and HDD) and save it to an external drive.
    - As they will take the old SSD and MB, I suggest you wipe the SSD (it has many user data on it) before he arrive as it can take some hours to clean all clusters.

To wipe the SSD:
    - Disconnect the HDD from the MB.
    - Boot from a Windows installation media (USB, DVD, etc.) When the Windows setup wizard shows up, simultaneously press the Shift + F10 keys on your keyboard. It will open a CMD window. Type:

diskpart
    list disk (it will list all drives. Identify the SSD drive number)
    select disk n (replace n by the SSD drive number obtained with list disk)
    clean all
    exit (to exit diskpart)

Megahertz, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

1. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD - Similar Threads - can't reactivate replacing

2. I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard: I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard.It says:Edition doesn't match Windows edition on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed on the device you’re using right now.I have installed Windows 11 Home but my computer is detected as...
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD: I recently bought a new SSD to put my system on, so I installed Windows 11 using installation media, and now it says I need to activate Windows, but I have tried everything and nothing works.I have gone under Settings -> System -> Activation -> Troubleshoot -> I recently...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD

Can't reactivate Windows 11 after changing SSD: I recently bought a new SSD to put my system on, so I installed Windows 11 using installation media, and now it says I need to activate Windows, but I have tried everything and nothing works.I have gone under Settings -> System -> Activation -> Troubleshoot -> I recently...
  5. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD: Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through...
  6. Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.: Recently I upgraded my motherboard to an MSI Gaming Edge AC. I followed the steps in Microsoft's article on "Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change," but nothing worked: I just keep getting told the same thing by troubleshooting and my PC.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard: I recently had to replace my motherboard after it had fried and now I can't activate Windows. I've seen that apparently when Windows 10 is preinstalled, it is an OEM license and can't be activated after changing motherboard. Since getting the computer that had Windows 10...
  8. Replacing my SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my SSD: Hello, Currently I am running Windows 10 with a digital licence on my PC. My SSD is only 60 GB an Windows is warming me about low storage capacity. So I bought a bigger SSD (240 GB) to re-install Windows 10. On the support website of microsoft I notice that this might...
  9. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard: Hi, I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate it). After...
  10. Windows won't reactivate after I replaced my motherboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't reactivate after I replaced my motherboard.: I recently upgraded parts on my computer, including the motherboard, and afterwards Windows was saying it wasn't activated. I did some searching and found that this will happen after replacing a motherboard, so I went through the steps to re-activate, but it says it's unable...