Windows 10: I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...

Discus and support I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Alright so, basically what happened was that my Windows 10 Pro was originally a free upgrade from Windows 7 I no longer have the Win 7 key which turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SnoutBaron, May 7, 2020.

1. I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...

Alright so, basically what happened was that my Windows 10 Pro was originally a free upgrade from Windows 7 I no longer have the Win 7 key which turned it into a Windows 10 Pro digital license attached to that device. What happened was that I got a new motherboard let's call it MB1, I had an issue with MB1 and got it replaced with another motherboard due to an issue. Due to my complete stupidity long story, I deleted the MB1 device from my Microsoft account, so now when I try reactivate Windows 10 through the device selection window, I obviously cannot since I deleted the device from my Microsoft account.

Is there any way for me to get the deleted device back onto my MS account so I can reactivate my Windows 10? How do I proceed?

:)

SnoutBaron, May 7, 2020

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, May 7, 2020
  3. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, May 7, 2020
  4. I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...

How to reactivate windows 10 with digital license after pc change

Please help if somebody encountered the same problem for reactivating windows 10 Pro with digital license after pc change,it is originally upgraded from windows 7 Pro...Thanks in advance who will reply and give best suggestion!

Jon Delos Santos, May 7, 2020
Thema:

I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me...

1. I can't reactivate Windows 10 through digital license after a motherboard change due to me... - Similar Threads - can't reactivate through

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  6. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  7. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

8. Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade: I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft account I would be able to reactivate after a hardware change. I tried to reactivate but the troubleshooter kept giving me...
  9. CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license

CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license: I changed my motherboard and CPU, and now Windows needs to be activated. My Activation tab in the system settings looks like this: [ATTACH] I am signed in with my Microsoft account. I click on troubleshoot and it shows the devices attached to my account. I select the device...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard change: Recently I changed motherboards in my computer that had legitimate, activated Windows 10. Now whenever I log onto my computer, the "Activate Windows" watermark shows up in the bottom right corner, and it's pretty annoying, so I tried to reactivate Windows like any sane...