Windows 10: i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive

Discus and support i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [ATTACH]as shown in the picture, that's one of things shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThomasMcBride3, Feb 5, 2020.

1. i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive

i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive b20db773-8512-4351-837a-d3c273e6102c?upload=true.png as shown in the picture, that's one of things shown

:)

ThomasMcBride3, Feb 5, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would happen if I use the Remove PC option in the list of devices in my Microsoft Account? Is there a way to do a remote wipe from the Microsoft account with Find My Device?

Keith Weisshar, Feb 5, 2020
  4. i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive

1. i Can't reactivate windows after switching my motherboard and everything expect my hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate switching

2. I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard: I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard.It says:Edition doesn't match Windows edition on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed on the device you’re using right now.I have installed Windows 11 Home but my computer is detected as...
  3. I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard: I can't reactivate my Windows after changing Motherboard.It says:Edition doesn't match Windows edition on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed on the device you’re using right now.I have installed Windows 11 Home but my computer is detected as...
  4. I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard: I bought windows 10 from store in December 2 2015, couple of years after my motherboard was broken, and I changed it, now I can't activate windows. [ATTACH] Tried to contact support and I got no help, the latest person I talked to was keep telling me to buy a new license,...
  5. Switched my motherboard and it doesn't want to reactivate

Switched my motherboard and it doesn't want to reactivate: Split from this thread. Merry Christmas, gamers! Want help getting started with your new device? : hey I switched my motherboard and it just doesn't want to reactivate plz help me dude...
  6. Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU

Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU: Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all the links and suggestions people had, but nothing helped. The error code I was getting was 0xC004F211. I unregistered the key...
  7. Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.

Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.: Recently I upgraded my motherboard to an MSI Gaming Edge AC. I followed the steps in Microsoft's article on "Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change," but nothing worked: I just keep getting told the same thing by troubleshooting and my PC.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard: I recently had to replace my motherboard after it had fried and now I can't activate Windows. I've seen that apparently when Windows 10 is preinstalled, it is an OEM license and can't be activated after changing motherboard. Since getting the computer that had Windows 10...
  9. Can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard

Can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard: I recently swapped out the motherboard on my pc and windows became deactivated shortly afterwords. When I run the activation troubleshooter in admin mode and click the 'changed hardware recently' button, and then select my device, I am given a screen that states "We can't...
  10. Windows won't reactivate after I replaced my motherboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't reactivate after I replaced my motherboard.: I recently upgraded parts on my computer, including the motherboard, and afterwards Windows was saying it wasn't activated. I did some searching and found that this will happen after replacing a motherboard, so I went through the steps to re-activate, but it says it's unable...