Windows 10: I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?

Discus and support I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall windows 10 because I've had some boot issuesblack screen with white underscore I recently tried to boot into a windows ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaiderRafsan, Jun 27, 2020.

1. I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?

I tried to reinstall windows 10 because I've had some boot issuesblack screen with white underscore

I recently tried to boot into a windows ISO using a USB, but when I chose to keep all my files while installing it said thispicture so I took out the installation media and it brought me to some kind of boot manager, and ive been told to buy a 2nd HDD and boot into that. Will it work?

I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this? [​IMG]

:)

HaiderRafsan, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 27, 2020
  3. gygabite Win User
    Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Jun 27, 2020
  4. tomba2k Win User

I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?

AMD data change.......no boot up problem

1st: go to bios, check boot device TYPE priority (cdrom/hdd/etc.)
    then, go to hard disk drives (still under boot category), and check if your system hard drive is at 1st place (IF you have more than 1 hdd)
    2nd: if your bios boot settings are OK, run windows 7 installation disc, go to repair your system, run fixmbr and fixboot options (i think they are at same option on windows 7 repair - startup repair or something like that)
    3rd: if your windows 7 installation disc cannot find your windows 7 installation, reinstall it, but take care - you may have bad sectors on your hdd

please, go step by step, and dont read 3rd step warning before you try 1st and 2nd xD

you can also disable "LAN boot ROM" option under "integrated devices" bios category to never see that meesage again (at least 3 NVIDIA Boot Agent lines xD )

tomba2k, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this?

1. I can't reinstall windows 10 on boot, will getting a 2nd HDD to boot into fix this? - Similar Threads - can't reinstall boot

2. Can't get Windows to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Windows to boot: So I have 3 drives, a 1tb NVMe drive with my original windows install on it which I can't boot into anymoreA games driveAnd a spare drive I wasnt using so I decided I wanted to install PopOS on it, so I installed it with the two other drives unplugged and after I plugged them...
  3. Can't get Windows to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Windows to boot: So I have 3 drives, a 1tb NVMe drive with my original windows install on it which I can't boot into anymoreA games driveAnd a spare drive I wasnt using so I decided I wanted to install PopOS on it, so I installed it with the two other drives unplugged and after I plugged them...
  4. Can't get Windows to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.

I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.: So I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. The problem is I can't get my computer to boot up using the USB instead of the main hard drive. I tried changing the boot mode in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI with...
  6. Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?: So long story short I bought a new SDD and then tried to copy some pictures and files from the old HDD. I don't really know what happened along the way but I must've messed with some security settings and lost access to my HDD. Now I gained back access to it, says those...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD: Hello, So i have an MSI B450M Mortar Max mobo with a Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD, and i want to add an external 2TB HDD. But when i plug it in and try to start the pc it wont go past the boot logo. If i unplug it and plug it in while the pc is on it shows up as a normal HDD...
  8. Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive: Hi, I am frustrated and here is what I did (any help is appreciated) : My company's laptop has only HDD drive and it has Windows 10 Enterprise and i don't have admin privileges + it has BittLocker. I got my self a temporary nvme drive and plugged it into an empty nvme...
  9. Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it: This is going to be a bit long, but I want to give details of the issue. Since I was forced to install the latest November update about five days ago, my PC has been slower than usual, taking a few seconds to open notepad, folders or any file, really. Local music playback...
  10. Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

Can't boot after reinstall of Windows: My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates etc, but if I resart it hangs on the 4 blue windo panes and rotating white dots. I am installing to a 125GB SSD which I...