Windows 10: I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

Discus and support I can't remove a keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gustavo Cilson Gonçalves, Jun 3, 2022.

1. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying, someone can help me?

:)

Gustavo Cilson Gonçalves, Jun 3, 2022

2. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 3, 2022
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jun 3, 2022
  4. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

OK, here's what I get for those key combos:

• fn, then chr = Select Symbol
    • fn + chr = Select Symbol
    • mark text, then fn + chr + X = Select Symbol
    :smileysad: Why would AT&T want to remove a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?!?!?

diesel_travis, Jun 3, 2022
Thema:

I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

1. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut - Similar Threads - can't remove keyboard

2. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove a keyboard shortcut: Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying, someone can help me?...
  3. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove a keyboard shortcut: Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying, someone can help me?...
  4. How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?: My laptop auto updated yesterday night and now all my F keys are shortcuts for the most useless functions. I can't adjust my volume, or even my brightness because all of the F keys now have useless shortcuts like switch focus to next pane F6 or open help F1. Even outside of...
  5. How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?: My laptop auto updated yesterday night and now all my F keys are shortcuts for the most useless functions. I can't adjust my volume, or even my brightness because all of the F keys now have useless shortcuts like switch focus to next pane F6 or open help F1. Even outside of...
  6. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  7. How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?

How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?: I made a shortcut and gave is a "Shortcut Key" in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S but then later deleted the shortcut without removing the "Shortcut Key". The shortcut still activates when I press the buttons in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S, despite the fact that the...
  8. Can't remove keyboards

Can't remove keyboards: This is a problem that has been plaguing me for a couple of months now. All of a sudden Windows 10 decided it was going to start silently adding the UK keyboard layout to my language bar. As someone who needs to switch between languages frequently, it's turned into a major...
  9. I can't remove a layout keyboard

I can't remove a layout keyboard: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 pro "English US" as regional setting except keyboard layout that is set to Italian because I have a keyboard with italian layout. When I press Shift + CTRL my system switch to "US layout". I have tried to remove it but i can't find it. In...
  10. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...