Windows 10: I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10.

Discus and support I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am an administrator on my laptop that's running Windows 10. I went to my accounts page to remove some of my old accounts, when I clicked on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreasyMike, Feb 5, 2019.

1. I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10.

Hi, I am an administrator on my laptop that's running Windows 10. I went to my accounts page to remove some of my old accounts, when I clicked on the remove button, literally nothing happened. The blue wheel came up and that was it. No error message, or completion message. I THEN clicked on the "Change Account Type" button and same thing. What's going on and how can I fix it.

:)

GreasyMike, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10. :(

Zakin, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10.

1. I cant remove an account off my PC. Windows 10. - Similar Threads - cant remove account

2. I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off: I just reinstalled windows 'a fresh start' after a bit my pc just randomly started shutting off after i put it under a bit more stress which never happened before the reinstallation also my windows cant update everytime i press check for update it finds a bunch of them with a...
  3. I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off: I just reinstalled windows 'a fresh start' after a bit my pc just randomly started shutting off after i put it under a bit more stress which never happened before the reinstallation also my windows cant update everytime i press check for update it finds a bunch of them with a...
  4. I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cant remove unnecessary accounts from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove unnecessary accounts from my PC: Hello! I'm having problem with unnecessary accounts on my PC.I'm about to login Xbox and it forced me to use the account that I don't want, so I did try to change account but got error.I head to Setting → Accounts → Email & accounts and remove those unnecessary accounts, it...
  6. I cant remove unnecessary accounts from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant remove unnecessary accounts from my PC: Hello! I'm having problem with unnecessary accounts on my PC.I'm about to login Xbox and it forced me to use the account that I don't want, so I did try to change account but got error.I head to Setting → Accounts → Email & accounts and remove those unnecessary accounts, it...
  7. I cant remove unnecessary accounts from my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cant remove Account from Other PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant remove Account from Other PC: I played with one of my friend on his PC at a different location than mine. We logged in with my Microsoft account and now even tho he logged in with his Mine is... "still in control" I mean we cant remove it because in the Windows options there's no such button only the...
  9. I cant log off my account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant log off my account: The thing is that i want to sell a computer im not using anymore, but every time i try to delete the device from the account, the microsoft page says that its deleted but the pc has still my account with my email in there. I tried restarting the pc but it stays there and it...
  10. Cant remove friends account from pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant remove friends account from pc: My friend logged onto his Xbox account on my PC and it made him administrator and it wont let me remove his account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-friends-account-from-pc/29767228-e9ec-465d-af63-6191be1c4c39