Windows 10: I can't remove any device from my PC.

Discus and support I can't remove any device from my PC. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically when i try to remove any device from my PC it asks a question "Are you sure you want to remove this device?" and it gives me no option, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MantasDimša, Dec 10, 2021.

1. I can't remove any device from my PC.

Basically when i try to remove any device from my PC it asks a question "Are you sure you want to remove this device?" and it gives me no option, just a question and no button. If there's something i'm missing please assist me.

:)

MantasDimša, Dec 10, 2021

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Dec 10, 2021
  4. I can't remove any device from my PC.

Device still listed under Microsoft account after removing it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing a device from your Microsoft account.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from the Microsoft account, it could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your
    profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

You can refer the screenshot for more help.

I can't remove any device from my PC. bbe6ee24-2440-414a-9613-071e63f8609a?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

I can't remove any device from my PC.

1. I can't remove any device from my PC. - Similar Threads - can't remove device

2. I locked my pc with a message from find my device. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I locked my pc with a message from find my device. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the...: I was checking on how find my pc works, it worked fine and I locked it with a message. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the Microsoft Account. And I'm asked to make the administrator sign in first. Please what should I do...
  3. I locked my pc with a message from find my device. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked my pc with a message from find my device. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the...: I was checking on how find my pc works, it worked fine and I locked it with a message. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the Microsoft Account. And I'm asked to make the administrator sign in first. Please what should I do...
  4. I locked my pc with a message from find my device. Unknowingly I removed my pc from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing an old PC from Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an old PC from Devices: I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-old-pc-from-devices/70ee83f7-5972-47c0-842c-86c306fd565f
  6. I can't remove any device from my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove any device from my PC.: Basically when i try to remove any device from my PC it asks a question "Are you sure you want to remove this device?" and it gives me no option, just a question and no button. If there's something i'm missing please assist me....
  7. I can't remove any device from my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove any device from my PC.: Basically when i try to remove any device from my PC it asks a question "Are you sure you want to remove this device?" and it gives me no option, just a question and no button. If there's something i'm missing please assist me....
  8. Can't remove device from children's devices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove device from children's devices: I have download and install 'Microsoft Family Safety' App to 2 Android devices. And when I try to remove one from family.microsoft.com, I notice that I can't get the list to do that. Neither my nor children's account can't remove the device.If I post under incorrect category,...
  9. I can't remove a microsoft acc from my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove a microsoft acc from my pc.: It says remove in the email and accounts but when I remove account and load load back in to settings and check again the same account pops up. i cant do nothing further because i dont have to password....
  10. My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.: I have several Audio devices connected to my PC, including headphones, but none of them work for some reason. I tried contacting a Microsoft support person, and they told me to upgrade to Windows 10. So I did. I upgraded to Windows 10, and absolutely nothing had changed. My...