Windows 10: I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

Discus and support I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm talking about these 2 icons, and no matter what I do they just won't go away. They are not showing up here nor at desktop in explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Asian Juan, Jun 24, 2021.

1. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

Hello. I'm talking about these 2 icons, and no matter what I do they just won't go away. They are not showing up here nor at desktop in explorer.

:)

Asian Juan, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jun 24, 2021
  4. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

1. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop - Similar Threads - can't remove delete

2. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  3. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  4. Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop: I can't seem to be able to delete a file off the desktop, everytime I've tried deleting it, it says "Could not find this item" I've already tried the rmdir /q /s method, but it says "the directory name is invalid"[ATTACH]...
  5. Icons not removed from desktop when deleting

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not removed from desktop when deleting: I've recently built a new PC and am having an issue when deleting files from the desktop. I haven't noticed the behaviour in any other folder. When I drag an icon or folder from the desktop to the recycle bin, it looks like it behaves correctly and removes it from the...
  6. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...
  7. I can't delete certain file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete certain file on desktop: Half year ago, my teacher sent me a compressed package file which is compressed in MAC system with her Apple Mac computer. When I unzipped it, I got this just in this figure. And no matter how hard to delete it, it didn't work. I thought maybe it would disappear when Windows...
  8. Can't delete icon from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icon from my desktop: Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions? 110971
  9. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701
  10. old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    old desktop icons reappered - can't delete: I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses? 47567