Windows 10: I can't remove English UK from keyboard

Discus and support I can't remove English UK from keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mahammad Hajiyev, Jan 21, 2023.

1. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by using some creepy Power Shell commands. $1 = New-WinUserLanguageList en-US Set-WinUserLanguageList $1Didn't work at all. So I am hopeless. Only God can help me I guess I can't remove English UK from keyboard :D

:)

Mahammad Hajiyev, Jan 21, 2023

2. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Hey,

I updated my Windows 10 with the latest update over the weekend.

When I signed in today I found that my Default language was changed from English (US) to English (UK) and that the English(UK) keyboard was added as well.

I managed to change the default language back to English (US) by downloading the language pack but I can't seem to remove the UK keyboard at all.

When clicking the keyboard the Remove option is grayed out (as is the US keyboard's option).

To add to the weirdness, I also have another keyboard layout that doesn't appear in the list of keyboards or their Options.

Help?

Ashi Atlas, Jan 21, 2023
  3. 321dome Win User
    Multiple English keyboard

Yes, I had US keyboard and I needed to remove US keyboard and add UK keyboard (which I already had) and then remove both to be left with Hebrew only, and then used 2nd method to add US/EN keyboard.
    Thank you all for you help

321dome, Jan 21, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

I can't remove English UK from keyboard

Multiple English keyboard

Before removing the English [UK] keyboard layout, do confirm that your keyboard is not an English [UK] one.
    - On English [UK] keyboards the 2 key also has the " symbol on it.
    - On English [US] keyboards the 2 key also has the @ symbol on it.
    If yours is not an English [UK] layout then the Tutorial you have a link to is the right way to go.

Denis

Thema:

I can't remove English UK from keyboard

1. I can't remove English UK from keyboard - Similar Threads - can't remove English

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  5. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  8. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  9. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942