Windows 10: I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up

Discus and support I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my wife as "local user administrator" and if I use the shortcut to see the users I can't delete myself the remove button is not available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by legitimate_user_you_dorks, Nov 30, 2018.

1. I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up

I set my wife as "local user administrator" and if I use the shortcut to see the users I can't delete myself the remove button is not available

:)

legitimate_user_you_dorks, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up :(

Zakin, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up

1. I can't remove my Microsoft account from a Windows 10 computer I set up - Similar Threads - can't remove Microsoft

2. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  3. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  4. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  6. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  7. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I can't remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't remove a Microsoft account: So i have thus old account and i really dont wanna know anything more about this account but i cant find how to remove Anyone knows how? submitted by /u/EnzonogueiraCosta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjulzx/i_cant_remove_a_microsoft_account/
  9. How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?: Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any account attached to my laptop, just want to use my accounts necessary and leave them logged out when not, instead of constantly...
  10. I can't remove my password Windows 10 Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't remove my password Windows 10 Microsoft account: I want to remove the password from my desktop at home. It won't let me because I logged into my microsoft account. I can't simply use a local account because the stupid system doesn't let me play my "Halo Wars 2" game I purchased unless I'm signed in on the account. The whole...