Windows 10: I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop

Discus and support I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried everything and it won't go away. It just keeps coming up with "something went wrong. We couldn't upgrade. I have logged in and out,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tiffany Mole, May 24, 2024.

1. I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop

I have tried everything and it won't go away. It just keeps coming up with "something went wrong. We couldn't upgrade. I have logged in and out, restarted the whole PC, turned off and on. Tried to see if their are updates. Updated what I could find. Nothing has worked. What do I do to get rid of it.

:)

Tiffany Mole, May 24, 2024
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 24, 2024
  3. Windows 11 Safe Mode PIN Failure

I've a new Asus ProArt Studiobook and need to put the laptop into SafeMode to fix Windows Defender issue (thread here if of interest). I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 (23H2). I was attempting to boot into safe mode. At the login screen, I receive the following error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."

Troubleshooting steps so far

1. I've repeated this with the laptop LAN connected, WiFi connected, Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Network. still unable to login to my laptop via safe mode.
    2. I've also reinstalled Windows 11 using this guide, following the Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media Keep Everything steps... I didn't fancy reinstalling all my apps. still unable to login to my laptop via safe mode.
    Other than sending my laptop back under RMA or do a fresh rebuild, I'm out of options. Any ideas?

packagedelivery, May 24, 2024
  4. I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 24, 2024
Thema:

I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop

1. I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop - Similar Threads - can't remove mode

2. how to switch out S mode on windows 11 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to switch out S mode on windows 11 Home Edition: How to switch out of S mode on Windows 11 Home Edition? I already clicked on "Get" from the Home Page and "try again" keeps pupping in! This laptop is a personal one not for business....
  3. I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove S mode from my new Windows 11 home edition laptop: I have tried everything and it won't go away. It just keeps coming up with "something went wrong. We couldn't upgrade. I have logged in and out, restarted the whole PC, turned off and on. Tried to see if their are updates. Updated what I could find. Nothing has worked. What...
  4. Budget Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Budget Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode: I have a new Asus budget Laptop with an Intel Celeron processor, 4GB RAM. storage 64MB, so the maximum system specification of the laptop matches the minimum system requirements of Windows 11, but only just. If further Apps are added beyond those already installed, will this...
  5. Budget Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode

Budget Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode: I have a new Asus budget Laptop with an Intel Celeron processor, 4GB RAM. storage 64MB, so the maximum system specification of the laptop matches the minimum system requirements of Windows 11, but only just. If further Apps are added beyond those already installed, will this...
  6. New HP Chromebook, Windows 11 Home, trying to remove s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Chromebook, Windows 11 Home, trying to remove s mode: I went to settings, activation, go to store. When I press the get button in the Microsoft store a.popup appears and disappears too quickly to do anything...
  7. New HP Chromebook, Windows 11 Home, trying to remove s mode

New HP Chromebook, Windows 11 Home, trying to remove s mode: I went to settings, activation, go to store. When I press the get button in the Microsoft store a.popup appears and disappears too quickly to do anything...
  8. I can't remove s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't remove s mode: I've done a reset on my computer and now for some reason I can't get out of s mode. I've tried going to settings -> activation and then swith to Windows 10 home but I receive a message : you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link. I've tried to look up windows...
  9. I can't remove s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove s mode: I've done a reset on my computer and now for some reason I can't get out of s mode. I've tried going to settings -> activation and then swith to Windows 10 home but I receive a message : you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link. I've tried to look up windows...
  10. I can't remove s mode