Windows 10: I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied

Discus and support I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All,I have an Elitebook 2560p that I was using as a dual boot for Ubuntu and Windows 10 and I recently deleted the Ubuntu partition improperly and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HRizz, May 12, 2021.

1. HRizz Win User

I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied

Hi All,I have an Elitebook 2560p that I was using as a dual boot for Ubuntu and Windows 10 and I recently deleted the Ubuntu partition improperly and I have run into boot issues since then. As of right now, if I try to boot from the hard drive, I get "An Operating System wasn't Found"Using Command Prompt from a USB boot , bootrec /fixmbr works, but bootrec /fixboot gets "access denied"Keep in mind this is BIOS so I don't have / can't make an EFI partition, which seems to be the solution featured in many of the guides I've found.Ideas??

:)

HRizz, May 12, 2021

2. Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error

I am trying to repair Windows 10 on an Acer laptop.

The USB windows repair boot disc wont repair it automatically so went to the Troubleshoot menu and the command line tools where your articles suggest I try the following commands.

Bootrec /fixmbr, This seems to work.

Bootrec /fixboot This come back with an "Access Denied" message

Bootrec /rebuildbcd This finds the windows installation and asks to add to the boot list, which I say Yes and then it says it cannot find the path specified.

Is there any chance of a fix to this issue. I note many users have a problem with doing this.

BobBlundell1, May 12, 2021
  3. njfredz Win User
    Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error

I encountered winlog.exe missing/corrupted issue during laptop startup. Have googled up solutions in repairing with USB bootable drive but did not help.

There's other recommendations to enter command prompt and enter the few bootrec commands. However upon entering Bootrec /fixboot....it stated access is denied.

Additionally there were additionals steps to follow but i still couldn't get this Bootrec /fixboot command accessible.

Anyone know why and what are other steps?

njfredz, May 12, 2021
  4. I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied

BootRec/Fixboot Access Denied

I tried this on X: and am currently running start up repair.

At the fixboot step I got access denied. But the other commands were successful.

Since my C: is corrupted does that mean I must restore to factory settings?

Thank you for your help!

Amarajith Balasubramaniam, May 12, 2021
Thema:

I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied

1. I can't repair my boot drive - BIOS, fixboot access denied - Similar Threads - can't repair boot

2. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.: Automatic repair was unable to fix my Windows 10, so I ran through the commands:bootrec.exe /rebuildbcdbootrec.exe /fixmbrbootrec.exe /fixbootBut the command window said that my access was denied. How do I fix this?...
  3. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.: Automatic repair was unable to fix my Windows 10, so I ran through the commands:bootrec.exe /rebuildbcdbootrec.exe /fixmbrbootrec.exe /fixbootBut the command window said that my access was denied. How do I fix this?...
  4. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error: I am trying to repair Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The USB windows repair boot disc wont repair it automatically so went to the Troubleshoot menu and the command line tools where your articles suggest I try the following commands. Bootrec /fixmbr, This seems to work....
  6. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  7. Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error

Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error: I encountered winlog.exe missing/corrupted issue during laptop startup. Have googled up solutions in repairing with USB bootable drive but did not help. There's other recommendations to enter command prompt and enter the few bootrec commands. However upon entering Bootrec...
  8. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot....
  9. Fixboot Access Denied Help

Fixboot Access Denied Help: I have the ever-so-popular logfiles srt srttrail.txt error showing up on my main computer, however when I try to fix it through suggestions on this website and other websites, I either don't solve the issue or I end up having to use bootrec /fixboot. I've already looked into...
  10. bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootrec /fixboot access is denied: My Windows upgrade is failed and force the PC to power off while it is still writing to the disk, and appeared the blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". and I run the command "bootrec /fixboot", however, I received the "bootrec /fixboot access is denied" error...