Windows 10: I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments

Discus and support I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have MS mail and Mailbird. I receive all mail but I cannot send mail with attachments from either nor can I reply to emails. I can send emails which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Glenans79, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Glenans79 Win User

I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments

I have MS mail and Mailbird. I receive all mail but I cannot send mail with attachments from either nor can I reply to emails. I can send emails which have no history, ie they have no antecedent.

It's infuriating. I have Windows defender which I turned off with no result. I've tried resetting MS mail with no result.

I have several email accounts and it's the same with all of them.

I'm at my wit's end.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

:)

Glenans79, Jun 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Bushido1 Win User

Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

I have the same problem with my Gmail e-mail account in Windows 10 Mail app.
    I managed to send attachments previously but now Mail app gives me an error: ,,Error in sending e-mail".
    I use Microsoft account in Windows 10.

Bushido1, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments - Similar Threads - can't reply mails

2. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  3. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  4. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  5. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  6. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10: I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?...
  7. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  8. sending attachments with e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  9. Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode): Windows Mail app crashes when loading email content that are generally reply attempts to anything with images or attachments. --- I'm using a ThinkPad (W520) that uses Nvidia in 'Optimus mode', which seems to be culprit (affecting also other 'modern' apps that use any sort...
  10. Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.: Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out. how can I stop this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-attach-to-every-e-mail-i-send-out/19b45019-93ea-4048-8f78-fb8e1a26dcf9"